Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anime rating question

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by esthered
    I didn't know you had to be of a certain age to buy Anime in America (?).

There are no actual age restrictions, but distributors such as ADV will put an age-group recommendation on their products since they are not subject to ratings from the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America). These age-group recommendations serve the purpose of warning buyers (especially parents) that not all animation is for children.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Otaku sp00g may be famous one day sp00g may be famous one day sp00g's Avatar
    Thanks
    interesting...
    is it same for manga too?

well, unless robert's corner store stops you from buying it there because you are underage, i dont see the harm in buying it from either store..
    y is the rating different though? its not robert's corner store rates it's own anime...
    Last edited by sp00g; Apr 30, 2005 at 01:25 PM.

THE KARAKURA LION JET!!! XD

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks
    Robert's Corner Sotre basically said that all Saiyuki is 15+, however the Saiyuki vol2: Old Friends New Enemies, at ADV was 13+, I even asked Wal*Mart and they said it was 13+.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2