Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anime Ressurection

Newbie Cudwieser may be famous one day Cudwieser may be famous one day
    Thanks

Talking Anime Ressurection

Anime, as we all know, isn't new. However over the years much anime has been lost, some for good reason, but some for no concievable reason at all. As such I ask you to tell of such lost anime. Anime which should be brought back, if not in life, but in our hearts and minds. To get the ball rolling I suggest bring back Blue Sonnet. Inspite of the worst ending in anime history (it just stopped) It was full of action,violence, love and emotion. The story was deep and the whole movie would keep viewers occupied for at least 3 hours. Not only that the animation was well done (what do you expect from mid 90's anime) with believeable, good looking characters. There are more reasons that must wait, with these reasons and those printed This anime should be re-released. If you dissagree then tell us now and why.
    Last edited by Cudwieser; Jul 02, 2005 at 12:17 PM.

Newbie kogomi88 may be famous one day kogomi88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Anime Ressurection

i disagree because i don't like old animes. the drawing doesn't look good. but that was some deep stuff

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Robotech, was the first anime I ever saw, and a classic in my mind, i'd love to see it again.

Newbie badslildevil may be famous one day badslildevil may be famous one day badslildevil's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm some of the old stuff isn't as nice on the eyes, but some of the storylines were soo much better and the characters were often more well developed. I'm not saying there aren't still a lot of good newer animes but there are some pros and some cons to each of them I guess...
    I LOOOOVE YAOI!!! w00t!! YEAH! GOOO BUMDARTS! Haha! That's my word, by the way. Don't steal it or I'll sick my yakuza squirrel army on j00!!

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

I want to see ronin warriors again. THey should show the original Gundam series. They use to show it on cartoon network a few years ago but they stopped showing it. I guess it just didnt bring in the ratings they thought it would.

Otaku Spartan117 may be famous one day Spartan117 may be famous one day
    Thanks

many old animes are awsome, Robotech is one of those. Not all were good but there are plenty of good old animes, but I like the new ones better.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Alot of the TV series from the 'Golden Age' of anime have never been released in a uncut form with the original Japanese sound track. Some series that come to mind are the works of Leji Matsumoto, such as 'Space Battleship Yamato', 'Space Pirate Captain Harlock' and 'The Arcadia of my Youth TV'. 'Space Battleship Yamato' is the most significant of these series, as it's success showed there was a market for Animation features in the Japanese market, and started the 'Golden Age' of anime. 'Space Pirate Captain Harlock' is also a significant series, as all of the recent anime spoofs and parodies make reference to the characters developed in this series...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Cudwieser may be famous one day Cudwieser may be famous one day
    Thanks

I agree that, at least visually, modern anime is appealing,but as has been metioned the storylines and plots of older anime tend to be more involving. A brilliant example is ninja scroll. The story, as straight forward as it is, is involving on a number of levels. Of course ninja scroll is a slight exception as it has been remastered. I think now might be the time to confess that I am actually quite new to anime (3rd year of a dedicated following) however I have viewed over 50 varied anime (including films and series) , more than enough to appreciate older anime such as ninja scroll and blue sonnet. Personally I think the art of anime is turning slightly hollywood with more flash and less substance. However we may be in for a new golden age. If what the local shop staff (forbidden planet) are saying is true, then a lot of new and old anime may be getting a release in the uk. With the right pressure this case could be made more universal.

SIDE NOTE: Can anyone tell me who created and published blue sonnet and whether is was released on region 2 dvd. If so can you tell me where I can get a copy? Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast