Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anime Ressurection

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Ressurection

I would most definetly love to see a new version or just plan new episodes of the guyver. that series rocked.Jan

Newbie Cudwieser may be famous one day Cudwieser may be famous one day
    Thanks

A word for guyver lovers. As I am sure some may know. The series has only just dissapeared of the shelves in the uk (within the last year). If you are quick, lucky or both you may be able to track down copies of the existing series on the net.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

actually many older animes were hand drawn on cells and look much better than the CG junk of today. Nothing can touch the quality of shows like Akira and Macross Plus OVA which is ,unless something recently has surpassed it and I doubt, one of the most expensive shows ever because of its production values. These animes are older now even more than 10 years and they hold up and far outshine much of the stuff coming down the pipe now. Its all done on computers for the most part to save money and to me has lost a lot of the shine and amazing look of what originally sucked me into anime. Not that I dont like new shows. Just many of them dont look that great, and since most dont have an original story they have nothing to fall back on. I'd rather watch a good show with mediocre visual quality than watch the most amazing eyepopping visual quality that is boring to the ends of the earth anyways. But like I said for any recent anime you can name or bring up I can pull out 3 with better animation that are in the 10 year old range. And thats just a fact.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie Cudwieser may be famous one day Cudwieser may be famous one day
    Thanks

I agree with you completely. Many modern anime are lacking (thats not to say all older anime are brilliant) in plot. However to offer a counter arguement (its only fair) there are a number of modern anime, namely neon genesis, that are deep and involving with all the cgi flash modern anime. Of course ther are anime such as lady death that are somewhat lacking in depth and really only serve as eye candy. Now before we move too much of topic I would like to ask which anime of old should be brought back. Are there any anime that aren't on the shelves that would still be of interest today (just thought I would remind you of the true nature of the topic)? Going back to the previous opinion, I agree with Macross (I never understood Akira), which has just been released as a collection in the uk (hence I've added it to my 30+ anime collection). I is deep and involving if looking somewhat lack-luster in comparison to neon genesis (although how the drew the concert scences so well is amazing!). As a support look at the lupin the third series of films. Visually they are nothing, but the story is hilarious and involving. Finally there is alot of remasters and re-releases coming down the pipeline. Lets hope that decent, but forgotten anime such as blue sonnet will be getting a new lease of life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2