Thread: Anime Seiryuu

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime Seiryuu

I was curious about this for a long time but finally remembered to create this thread. My question is you guys know how in anime Seiryuus get to have a song sung by them in the OSTs and stuff, and some have more songs then others. So my question is compare to more mainstream artists in Japan what is their status and place in the industry?? does anyone know??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Master Pivot may be famous one day Master Pivot may be famous one day Master Pivot's Avatar
    Thanks
    No idea about...
    But to clarify, the term is seiyuu, not seiryuu. Seiryuu is the name of one of the mythical dragons.
    Master Pivot - Wielder of the Coherent Light Bokken
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    thanks for the lesson im not a hardcore guy that's why i wouldn't know, anyways for those you guys are not sure, a seiyuu is a voice actor

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't really know, personally.... but for the most part Anime seiyuus don't really have a high status in the industry, as say inderpendent artists and bands do, for anime itself isn't really very popular in Japan. ie: Most anime series screen after 12 midnight, many at around 2 in the morning.
    But Anime seiyuus aren't completly ignored by the industy either... for Mari Iijima, the voice actress of Sharon Apple from Macross Plus, went on to have a successful singing career, outside the Anime circuit.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Let's not forget Hayashibara Megumi, one of the most successful seiyuu with who knows HOW many songs on her resume! While I don't think seiyuu are quite on par with jpop professional artists (some aren't even close), it's interesting to see how recognized anime voice acting (and related singing) is in Japan versus the U.S. Ever notice at the end of a video, the list of Japanese seiyuu (name - character) versus the 6 name list of American actors (no char.)?

Thanks
    yes, cuz this other day I was just looking up Mariko Kouda and found that she has many cds herself which was very surprising, so that's why my curiousity sprang up

Newbie Master Pivot may be famous one day Master Pivot may be famous one day Master Pivot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Actually, Hyoudou Mako did the voice for Sharon Apple. Iijima Mari is the voice for Lynn Minmei from the original Macross series and Macross: Ai Oboete Imasu ka?
    Master Pivot - Wielder of the Coherent Light Bokken
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Actually I've never watched Macross Plus nor the original Macross series before so I must of gotten my info messed up. ^_^
    I'm a fountain of useless voice actor information.... but even I make mistakes sometimes.

Anyway, Megumi Hayashibara is the queen of seiyuus. The women has more roles and more songs to shake a stick at.
    But there are also the very famous male voice actors as well.
    There's the infamous Weiss team of Seki Tomokazu, Koyasu Takehito, Miki Shinichirou and Yuuki Hiro. All four of them have a massive amount of roles, songs and real life fangirls (I kid you not)

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"