Thread: Anime as a style or concept?

Newbie sketch may be famous one day sketch may be famous one day sketch's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Anime as a style or concept?

How would you as an individual describe Anime to someone who has never seen or heard of it which is unlikely. But still how would you describe it? And also if they were to ask what is the difference between anime and spongebobsquarepants what would you tell them cause anime cannot simply be defined by the large eyes on characters cause i could draw spongebob and put anime eyes on him but it would still not define him as anime?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Ahem... We already have a closed thread on the subject that's been made 'sticky' as a reference for newbies, and it's a detailed analysis of the Anime Style...
    http://www.animeonline.net/showthread.php?t=1906
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Alexi Aoyama may be famous one day Alexi Aoyama may be famous one day Alexi Aoyama's Avatar
    i'm dutch, and proud of it. i live in the netherlands
    Thanks
    anime is a cartoon really...
    the drawing style is diffrent and more work is put into background of characters
    are major differences with stuff like spongebob...

and emotions are more intense in amine in comparison with 'normal' cartoons(not that anime is not normal).

best way to learn someone what anime is is to show it to them, i figure.
    woz this again... i keep forgetting... oh man i'm lost in the signature... argh... ah too lazy to think about it...
    oh and anime rulez... thats all for now... now to get outta here... woz this link... AAAAAAAAAAAAH

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    be careful Alexi, some people may take very much offense to that statement that it is cartoons, I know its animate and I see your point, but some people are very anal about it. I would describe it as a more mature form of animation. There are multiple plots and sub-plots and character interaction. Tell him about the fact that anime cannot just be for entertainment but also for a new perspective or idea. Show him some anime rather than tell him also does the trick.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.