Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: anime that talk to much

Newbie anothermeanotherperson may be famous one day anothermeanotherperson may be famous one day anothermeanotherperson's Avatar
    Thanks

anime that talk to much

yesterday i got into a debate with my sisters saying which anime talks to much. i think its yu-gi-oh. one thinks its prince of tennis, naruto, .... it went on and on, from anime on to anime. so in your opinion which anime do you think it have too much talking.(please excuse the spelling)

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Moving to Anime/manga section.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    The anime I've seen with the most talking is Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex... but the large amounts of speech is in fact one of the plot decives.
    There's nothing wrong with talking in anime, it's the forth most method of storytelling.

I find anime with hardly any talk to be quite tiredsome, Technolynse comes to mind. No one said a word for the first 15 minutes of the first episode, and the main character doesn't say a word til episode 3. I sure the series gets much better later on, but the lack of words and speaking in this anime really turned me off it.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku whitec may be famous one day whitec may be famous one day whitec's Avatar
    Thanks
    Even if it is true that there are many animes that just.....talk and have not movement but there lip flaps, that i cannot take. I agree one of the main talkers in anime is yu-gi-oh. -shudders-.
    But the fact is there trying to cram so much info in one episode that sometimes they dont even do anything, it's modtly flash backs and arguements. it tiresome and believe me i used to watch it, but now i know better, better shows betters plots. GIT:SAC talks....alot but also thats true that it goes majorly with the story, that has a bigger step questioning the laws of physics and exsistence of man/woman.
    there arent many others that i know, well besides DB DBz DBGT DBGT the lost episodes and the 13 some odd movies. but they back up with tons of action and head slicing. lol
    Looking forward to Burst Angel Vol. 3

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks
    typical YGO episode:

I summon this monster!
    Oh, you fool! I summon this monster to destroy your monster!
    HA HA HA HA!! I ACTIVATE MY TRAP CARD WHICH STOPS YOUR ATTACK!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo......!! Aha, but I have a trap myself which cancels out your trap card!
    Oh yeah!? Well, well, well.... I END MY TURN!!
    I summon this monster and I set all these cards! And then I attack you!
    I activate this trap card!!
    What does that do?
    It allows me to punch you in the face and let me gain a million life points!
    THAT CAN'T BE LEGAL!!
    Read it, stupid!
    *reads* Damn, the card says it and because it says it, I must do it!
    *punches guy in the face*
    OUCH!! But.......
    Huh?
    .......I activate this trap card......
    NOOooo....!!!

TO BE CONTINUED!!

anyway....
    is there anything wrong with anime that talk too much?
    though, maybe for some people, too much talk might make things boring
    for anime like Stand Alone Complex and serial experiments Lain,
    the talk, the speech, the debates.... allows the story to unfold

the Western way of story-telling is basically using actions over words
    ....comic-books and Tarantino flicks....
    let the gun do the talking and so on and so on
    so Westerners want to see more action instead of seeing a bunch of people discuss current events
    they/we want to see blood being spilt rather than a big debate of who did what

people that have seen movies like"Hero" and "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" and movies like "Pulp Fiction" and "Face/Off" might see the difference between Western films and Eastern films
    [-_-]
    Last edited by Innerhell; Jun 02, 2005 at 05:13 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Newbie KingOfFruit may be famous one day KingOfFruit may be famous one day KingOfFruit's Avatar
    in a land where only fruit and anime exist.
    Thanks
    yeah somtimes its hillarious in some animes [dragon ball z for instance] when the good guy and the bad guy just yell at eachother for entie episodes and the story doest progress one bit and theres no actual combat till THE NEXT EPISODE!. Priceless.

Otaku whitec may be famous one day whitec may be famous one day whitec's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell

anyway....
    is there anything wrong with anime that talk too much?
    though, maybe for some people, too much talk might make things boring
    for anime like Stand Alone Complex and serial experiments Lain,
    the talk, the speech, the debates.... allows the story to unfold

[-_-
    [/COLOR]
    I absolutely agree. both those series and the long speeches allow the plot to unfold and i find nothing wrong with that. plus in GIT:SAC it usually ends up paneling to to oh i forget her name, but you get the point.
    Looking forward to Burst Angel Vol. 3

Newbie firegirl22 may be famous one day firegirl22 may be famous one day firegirl22's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think it all depends on when and what the talking is about. I mean, if it's retarded words that don't add to the show, then they should just shut up, but if it adds to the plot then keep it. Usually I prefer anime which has a lot of talking, yet I do agree that it can be annoying in certain cases.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast