Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: anime what do you know about drawing anime and manga?

Newbie lost4evee may be famous one day lost4evee may be famous one day lost4evee's Avatar
    See that all-you-can-eat-buffet across the street?
    Thanks
    Hmmmmm... well I dont think i can give as good advice as those who posted before me, but i think that to draw good anime you shouldnt try to copy exactly the styles of other people, just sample and try out whatever you want. The major goal is to draw somthing you like because if you dont like it then how will other pople? ^.~ lol

Newbie sketch may be famous one day sketch may be famous one day sketch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hey it all begins by you wanting to be really REALLY dedicated to drawing and NEVER give up cuz i have felt at times that i also was never good enuff as well but i realised that many manga and anime artists began drawing some of their drawings when nobody would believe in them or even objected to thier style of anime or manga one huge example being Akira Toriyami of Dragonballz his style is COMPLETLY new and he just carried on even when in Dragonball his drawings werent even close to what he can draw now. So Just keep going. Oh im also a Manga artist and its been tough for me but one of these days il send in one of my drawings for you to see im also a beginner and ive been drawing for 1 year now and ive really noticed how my drawing have TRULY improved and now i sorta believe that i can reach high drawing levels. But ya just keep going at it...

Newbie jakian may be famous one day jakian may be famous one day jakian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ive learned that the best way to draw it is to basically seperate your self from it as much as you can. If you watch to much anime, you'll be obsessed with drawing what you see on the TV. Taking time away from it will allow you to come up with more creative and origional ideas. Ive been drawing and studying it for about 4 years now. I think that im okay.

The most helpful things to me are the things around me and the the books that I have. I have numerous How to draw manga books (which by the way arent all by graphic sha as mentioned earlier. They are made also by animation companies and they send them to the publisher to add them to the series) they helped allot. I think that the worst possible thing that you could do is FAN ART. I really dont like it and I think that it gets you into a really bad habbit of copying what you see. The truth of the matter is, that companies will not hire you if your style and ideas are cliche.

Thats pretty much all I have to say.

--Jakian

Newbie Saer_Aranel may be famous one day Saer_Aranel may be famous one day
    Thanks
    WELL, I've been drawing for about two years, and the first time I drew something I wasn't good at all, and I just quit. Then, about 4 months later, I went back, and drew some more. And more... etc. So, I've gotten better, and my advice is to search for all the styles that would interest you, and then try drawing them. Oh, and draw people you can actually see every day. That way, you have something real in front of you as a basis. KEEP TRYING!

Otaku Mana may be famous one day Mana may be famous one day Mana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jakian
    I think that the worst possible thing that you could do is FAN ART.
    I don't really think fanart is a terribly bad thing...it's fun and you get to experiment with other's ideas in your style. Though I understand what you're saying if that's *all* you draw and you're basically copying the style and/or pic, but I look back on the years and I could very well call myself a hypocrite right now. lol Growing up (ages 3-11) I recall replicating many things I saw and I'm sure(if not positive) most of you did too.

Basically it's all how you look at it. I wouldn't limit myself by just drawing/trying 2-3 different styles my whole life, but knowing where I'm most comfortable and happy with my results is where I'll instinctively make a halt. So would you tell a contemporary artist that they should draw with more of neoclassical look in mind? Probably not. If we always told people to stop doing things a certain way we wouldn't even have any concrete history to define, specify, or recognize a style. That artist has chosen their path and finds pleasure in what they do. Exceptions can be that artists of all ranges of style and skill love to experiment with each other's imaginations/stlyes/tools/etc., and believe it or not that is where you get your so-called "own style". It comes from experience, practice, determination, and a blend of your own creative personal thoughts.

So in a way it's all a big cycle. Meaning art is endless, timeless, and will exist for eternity as long as there are people willing to open their hearts and minds and embrace it.
    Last edited by Mana; Apr 29, 2005 at 10:43 PM.
    "so i herd u liek mudkips"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2