Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: anime you must have

Otaku domo may be famous one day domo may be famous one day domo's Avatar
    Thanks

anime you must have

What anime is absoluly essential in a collection?

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think this thread came up so many times. :S Well, anyway, I think you defiantely must have Rurouni Kenshin, Love Hina, Inuyasha and Onegai Teacher. I don't know why, but I think they're the basics. :]

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Al the dragonball z episodes on DVD original, That's lord nikon's dream.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

This really depends on what kind of collection you are putting together. Are you trying to collect the historic Anime series that had a major impact in the industry such as

'Astro Boy' The original Anime series with multiple episode story arcs.
    'Kimba the White Lion' (remakes are under the original Manga name 'Jungle Emperor Leo') Kimba was the first Anime in 'Color'
    'Space Battleship Yamato' (Movie), the production that started the 'Golden Age' of anime.
    'Akira', the ultimate expression of the 'Golden Age', and one of the first Cyberpunk genre
    'Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water' The GAINEX studio TV series that triggered the modern rebirth of Anime after the end of the 'Golden Age'

Or are you collecting series that started their own Anime genre
    'Mobile Suit Gundam' The original Gundam series
    'Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki (OVA)' The original harem genere
    'All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku', the original 'Battle Android Girlfriend' series.
    'Slayers' Comedy D&D Fantasy genre

Or are you concerned with collecting more recent works???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    i agree with len it's just depending on ur style i guess.
    I like digicharat, chobits, lovehina, sailormoon, gatekeepers, lain, Neon Genesis Evangelion, gatekeepers 21, tenchi, ALL Miyazki films.... "currently dying to watch howls moving castle"
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Cowboy Bebop. That was the only anime I had to own. The rest I acquire other ways...

But Bebop is too damn good and I had to own it on DVD.

Otaku ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979's Avatar
    Thanks
    The Transformers (Robots and Mechs), Initial D (Racing and Cars), Cowboy Bebop (Action and Adventure), DragonBall Z & GT (Action & Adventure), Onegai Teacher & Ninja Scroll (For Nudity, eheheh!)

These are the Animes that are essential for my collection!

Animes 4 Lyf!

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Exactly.... it ALL depends on one's individual tastes in anime.
    For all the anime I own, and consider "must own" anime, not one person has so far mention any of them in this thread.
    That's because I'm a girl... and I prefer shoujo anime and dramatic anime over harem crap (no onfense boys) like Love Hina and Onegai Teacher. And series that go on forever like Inu Yasha.

But one anime that breaks away from my usual anime tastes would Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, as well as the two movies.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast