Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Annual Losing Teams: Royals Break 19 Game Losing Streak

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Annual Losing Teams: Royals Break 19 Game Losing Streak

Not sure if any of our sports fans on AO noticed but a certain Kansas City team had lost 19 straight baseball games. The streak ended yesterday 2-1 over the A's. Now I look at this streak and wonder how its even possible, I mean I'd say its about as likely as a team winning 19 in a row. Its hard to lose 19 straight games no matter how bad you are. What would you guys do if you were a fan of a team as bad as this? I mean this is pretty bad. The Royals had a decent season (.500ish) a few years back but have been horrible since.

They arent alone in their misery, this happens in all sports.

Football has the Arizona Cardinals, Basketball had the Bulls and now the Hawks, other baseball teams include Tampa Bay D-Rays and the Pittsburgh Pirates.

I have to give props to those fans that stick with bad teams through the years. I've been a Hawks fan for about 10 years now and its been very depressing over the last few seasons, but I refuse to give up.

Any other AO sports fans suffer from the same disappointment every year? How do you think your team could improve?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Annual Losing Teams: Royals Break 19 Game Losing Streak

Yeah the Warriors for a long time were entertaining to watch, but often times bad in the last several years. Luckily after a decade of bad-ness, things are starting to look brighter.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    Now I look at this streak and wonder how its even possible, I mean I'd say its about as likely as a team winning 19 in a row.
    The Patriots completed a 21 winning streak, in the hardest sport to get such a streak in.
    I think the Mavericks did this in the NBA as well. I'm pretty sure the Bulls of 96 had a long streak as well.

As for bad teams... It's part of sports. It's also part of life, there will be the good things, and the bad things.

The sport that is best, and more fair to all teams is football. Even teams like the Bengals who sucked ass (even more than Skillz) just a couple of years ago, are finally looking to make a move (8-8 last year). In football, teams come and go. However, in other sports, unless drastic things are done, most of the good teams stay good, and the bad teams stay bad.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude, you totally forgot the Rockies. I mean, the Royals had that losing streak, but they still have more wins on the road than the Rockies. They are just sooo bad, every year. It's like a contest between the Rockies and Royals the last couple of years, as to who's going to be worse. And unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's going to get better any time soon. But I'm still a fan. No matter how bad the Rockies are, I still love going to the games. I guess it helps that we have Coors Field, one of the most beautiful parks in the league. It helps to distract from the suckiness on the field...

Of course for a while, we had the Nuggets, who one year only won 11 games, and 2 years ago, they only won 17 games. Thank God they're doing better.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

Well us Bay Area fans have had to endure countless bad seasons from the Warriors and I suppose you could throw the 49ers and Raiders in there too. It really takes an appreciation for the sport you're watching in order to maintain the desire to continue watching I think. Cause as bad as the Warriors have been in the past, I could still bare to watch their games just cause I love basketball so much.

What seems harder for me to swallow is seeing your team being so succesful and then suddenly drop off significantly, i.e. my San Francisco Giants. You've got high expectations for them and they don't even come close. It just seems to deflate all the excitement you had.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Last year was the first good one in seven for the SD Chargers. Stupid Ryan Leaf!

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok well allow me to throw another aspect in there. How about loving a good team that can never finish?

As you can guess I'm a Hawks fan, which of course means I'm a Braves fan and they make the playoffs every year like clockwork and like clockwork they seem to get ousted in the first round by whatever team they play. Every now and then they manage to make it into the second round and even to the World Series a time or two, only managing to win it once in 14 years. I'm sorry that shits painful.

So which would you rather a good team that chokes all the time or a team thats average or bad and rarely gets to the post season but when they do they achieve Cinderella-like status (D-Backs, Marlins in recent years).

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

When it comes to baseball, I'm a huge New York Mets fan. There biggest problem was their manager. He didn't know what he was doing. Also its seems like every good player they get ends up having a really bad season. For instance, last season they had Roberto Alomar. He is a great second baseman. But when he came to the Mets, he had the worse season of his entire career. Once he left he went back to normal. They already changed managers so now they are doing alot better this season. They still have a shot at the wild card.

As for football, I'm not a huge fan but I follow along sometimes. In New York we have the Jets and the Giants. The Giants are a great team but they always mess up at the end of the season. As for the Jets, there season is over before it starts. Every season there best quaterback always manages to get hurt in the pre-season. Yes the pre-season. I think it was last year when the quarterback and the back up got hurt in the pre-season. They have a good team but no quarterback. It pisses me off everytime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast