Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Another problem with my laptop...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

What she is explaining is setting up a 'Dual Boot' hard disk partition where you have the choice of booting either Windows XP or good old fashion DOS. (This is also common among user's of LINUX as well). Without special partition utilities, (such as Partition Magic), the other way to set this up is to wipe the hard disk, and use the DOS fdisk utility to set up the partitions, (but don't format), then format the partition with each specific O.S. installation process... Be for-warned, if you don't know what your doing with this, it can get messy real fast....
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Len Miyata, I tried what you do about switching the compatilbility but it still doesn't work

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Backward compatibility of Windows XP with older Win95/98 programs is good, but it's not that good. You may simple have a case of a program/application that is incompatible with the Win32 kernal...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's funny I can't even install a dictionary that works for 98 onto my XP

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Compatibility options are a laugh in XP they don't work. your going to have to find a windows emulator to get it to do old stuff

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    or just back up your data, repartiton and dual boot. perfect compatability with minimum issues

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Thanks
    anyone know where I can find this emulator?? which emulator should I get?? is it free cuz im one cheap #$%^&*

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    saddly no i dont pyoro. sorry for taking so long to reply but i've been looking trying to find it.

an option. if the games fit on a floppy and donot require a mouse or GUI you can instruct the disk formatter that comes with windows XP to create a dos 6.22 boot disk. you can then insert it into your floppy drive when you turn on your computer. you wilnot beable to access any data on your hdd as dos6.22 does not understand the NTFS file system but you can load games from a floppy.

does that help at all or did i confuse you more?

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast