Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anti-globalism

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anti-globalism

i wish the question was clearer but this is what i think.

Global companies are only ever interested in the profit margin. that is they will do anything to increase there market value and everything else is negelagible like the environment, and other effect they and there product have on ppl. they are now only starting to clean up their act due to thing like "supersize me" which make the public realise what accutaly goin on.

what i like to happen and was goin to happen are to different things and in the end it all come down to money. but if u want the real deal always shop at small businesses cause the cannot afford to cheat or lie to you (well around here anyway).

Elie Jelly elie26 may be famous one day elie26 may be famous one day elie26's Avatar
    Thanks

ok,
    but i tot it was mcdonald who came 1st be4 burger king?
    anyway i prefer mcdaonalds ..coz their food has...dunno how to explain...
    but wat was tat bit bout anti-globalism..dun get it...

ao's comrade swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3's Avatar
    Thanks

its quite a complicated thread but i believe that if companies didnt gloalise nobody would have any new technology think what would happen if sony hadnt globalised
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Newbie altera may be famous one day altera may be famous one day altera's Avatar
    Thanks

ever heard McDonald's child labor in China to create happy meal toys? my point is clear
    'Cause I'm a voodoo child
    Lord knows I'm a voodoo child...

Newbie sleazy may be famous one day sleazy may be famous one day sleazy's Avatar
    Thanks

In some ways it's good for the economy and, as was said before, advances in new technology. The difficulty is that the larger companies loose the humanity and individuallism you get at smaller local stores, where the workers and owners build relationships with their customers and build on those relationships to better their service and business. Also, the smaller "mom and pop" stores not being run by huge corporations have more liberty to make changes to policy and other little things since they don't have to go through tons of useless analysis, procedure, and voting by a board of Executives who's bottom line is always money.

It's like walking into a small local hardware store and getting that feeling like you're someone, and then walking into say Wallmart and feeling like a statistic.

In short, maybe a necessary Evil?

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Yeah Globalism is real and it is good but i would say that they realy need to have Globalism reality board to see that the globilization taking place has a improvement on the all countries and is not just another way to sell there stupid Mac burger all over the world.

In SA we have MAc aswell and their burgers and their food is crap to say the least we have other places that make much better burgers and the prices is the same so yeah Globilization must be controlled and not just exepted .
    Stand for your rights. I stand for anti-globalization in certain areas.

Otaku Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

every dude is anti-something which they don't like...but globalization is a necessity for some...a challenge

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    When it comes to economy and politics, my brain gets stumped and confused, so can anyone explain what anti-globalism means, in simple terms?
    According to dictionary.com:
    A national geopolitical policy in which the entire world is regarded as the appropriate sphere for a state's influence.

And geopolitical as:
    The study of the relationship among politics and geography, demography, and economics, especially with respect to the foreign policy of a nation.

What anti-globalism is in my words:
    ... competition into the form of monopolization.
    Competition into the form of destroying other competition completely.

To some people:
    Competition into the form of destroying everything and ruling everything.

^_^ That's what it is!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast