Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anti-globalism

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anti-globalism

I don't think its a bad thing, just a weird thing. I mean McDonalds in china? Walmarts in India? Its just difficult to fathom for me, that's all. But they are up and coming countries, so I guess its only natural corperations start looking for new customers.

Newbie altera may be famous one day altera may be famous one day altera's Avatar
    Thanks

well,I'm stuck in the middle with my opinion,but I must say that anti-globalism,and globalism is more than just a termin from dictionary.com
    It's all about some (a lot!!) corporations that don't respect human rights and not just that,they don't even care and don't seem to see what's going on. That's selfish. I mean,those corporations are involved in some "so called" charities,but "when the lights go out" they're destructing rain forests,they're exploiting children and so on and so on..
    I've never eaten in McDonald's and I'm proud of it. THINK LOCAL,ACT GLOBAL!
    'Cause I'm a voodoo child
    Lord knows I'm a voodoo child...

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by altera
    ever heard McDonald's child labor in China to create happy meal toys? my point is clear
    yeah it's a sad thing ... you know making them work and all

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip
    yeah it's a sad thing ... you know making them work and all
    -_- they'll do anything to live one more day.....

Newbie altera may be famous one day altera may be famous one day altera's Avatar
    Thanks

then why don't those big saviours send them to school instead?
    'Cause I'm a voodoo child
    Lord knows I'm a voodoo child...

Otaku Sarge may be famous one day Sarge may be famous one day Sarge's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know what is going on so Yeah
    Semper Fi Carry On

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by altera
    then why don't those big saviours send them to school instead?
    I never said they were saviours. I said that they're giving jobs. The kids will do anything. They don't know that school pays off at the end, and if they go to school, where will they get the money for food or to give to their families?

I'm not saying it's right. But I'm saying "hey now. You don't see anyone really helping them out in a way where it'd be easy for them... for them, it's the easiest way out." O_o ... they don't know any better, or they KNOW they can't get anything better until it comes knocking to their door...

Yeah, it sucks. So why don't we just spend thousands of money to build them a free school?

Great, now we're in even more depression, but even worse: Where will they get money?

Let's spend more money for clothes and food! ...... grand, now they're completely dependent on us, and only 20% of them will grow up to be independent workers... while the rest, grown into a world of "sudden" freedom, will always wait for the next food truck, instead of working for it.

-_- I'm mainly saying "it's just not that easy..." ...... and besides, no matter how much we donate, we won't change all of them...

"but at least we made a difference to one of them" ... that is true, but we'll still be complaining about those who don't want to change because they're afraid. -_-'' talk about never ending...

Newbie forthe<3ofme may be famous one day forthe<3ofme may be famous one day forthe<3ofme's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree!

niceee.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast