Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, and stress

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks

Anxiety, depression, and stress

Well, I guess my question here is: Do you suffer from anxiety or depression ?

I really would love some input, because of the way I've been feeling for the last month or two. Lately, all I can think about are negative and not-so-nice thoughts. I have also hung my head low, and also have had positive thoughts, but are usually shrouded by anxiety. Does anybody have useless thoughts like me, and offen feel almost sick from it ? I kinda feel alone, because I used to be energetic and peppy, and I'm almost metally unstable ....
    My thoughts are just about the world today, and death from just breathing the air. Somedays it's under complete control, and the last couple days, I've even had nervious breakdowns.

Hmmm, maybe someone could tell me a method they use ? Or even how you have helped your friend(s), etc. Please, it's to the point of where it's shaking me quite a bit ...

^_^; thanks ~
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    im not saying it will, but with a chance of being close im gonna quickly throw in my two cents

negative thoughts are okay, because negative things do exists in life. There is no point to be positive all the time, that is the same as living in a disney story. As cliche as it might seem I come to AO to get my mind of these stuff, just enough to realize there's still good stuff in life. Also write down your thoughts, use an online journal or paper as a way for you to let out steam.

But it's best to have an mature friend, count it ONE, that you can absolutely trust with talking to them about different issues you might have.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Sheep_of_Death may be famous one day Sheep_of_Death may be famous one day Sheep_of_Death's Avatar
    Thanks
    i don't know.. maybe both? hmm... i'll soon find out.. i'm not really into judging myself >.>
    Death Soul Collector

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    -sigh-

Yup yup, I know what you're feeling Rue. But for me it was just a mind thing. I love yoga and meditation.....So I sort of eased my way out of depression. All I can say to you babe...Is to surround yourself with people or things that make you happy. That helped me! ^_~ -huggles-
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've had my times of depressions as well. The best solution I came up with was to express all of my thoughts and feelings to a journal in my computer, and to talk to my friends too. Doing these things truly lessens the burden within me. Perhaps you can express your depression and anxiety in an artistic way, like writing poems and such.

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Last friday im quite sure i did have a breakdown and it was like the whole world was as good as over for me anyways, me and my girlfriend whent through a vert ruff arguement and even now were still not speaking to eacher other and its killing me inside, however for the first 2 days i could not even eat and until even now i cant stop thinking about her from the moment i wake up to the moment i go to sleep....this is hust horrible.

However i found that it helped to talk to my good friends and online friends also for their advice and opinions and eventually i began to calm myself down, i am still suffering but not as much and it helped allot.

Also as fare as negative thoughts go everyone has them i have a great deal of them just accept that no body can be happy always.Jan

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Ach, depression and anxiety. Those things suck! They are usually brought upon oneself by stressful situations in life, and can be quite damaging in the long run. Ah, like Kasai said, the best way to cure depression is to surround yourself with things that make you happy. I add to this, though. You should tell yourself "Forgettabouttit!", clear your head, and move on to what's in front of you instead of wallowing in the past. The past sucks.

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks
    Based from your descripition, you are still actually quite sane mamimirue-san... You can tell by your use of words such as "not-so-nice" and "almost"... It seems that although you are suffering from anxiety, you still feel some guilt about your recent negative thinking... This proves that you still want "out" of this stage... You are very lucky though because it's only been a month or so... I have suffered, as I have analyzed myself, from psychological depression for nearly a year now... And because of this I feel hate and pity for all things, especially people... BUT, we humans are lonely creatures... And it's only naturally that we long for company because we were designed to depend upon each other despite some amount of independence... So while I'm still stuck in this endless cycle, I see that there's still hope for you... No doubt that you are already trying to resolve this situation by posting up this thread... IT IS after all, a good solution to share with others your thoughts... And, yes, I find that relaying my vengeful morbid ideas to my two closest friends is a bit of a lift up... But that only can only do so much, and it only results in some minimal and temporary relief... This however,and unfortunately, might be too much a burden on others depending on how heavy your depression is, so it might be better to handle it yourself if it has become something major in your life... What I do when I reach the highest peak of depression, is to write the personal poems that come out naturally from my angered heart... I write just about anywhere in order to let out some steam... Getting all that anxiety out by drawing is also useful... Usually though, observing things and analyzing situations can be a best way to know yourself and cure some of that long-term stress... You should be careful though not to overdo it such that it can result to a much worse case... Surround yourself with things that make you happy, and stay away from the things that make you feel hateful and unpleasant, in my case, people... If you really are a sociable person, you should try as much as possible to get over this soon... Because in my case, it's been too long that I'm already used to this daily load... It doesn't seem like that anymore, but rather it feels more like something that I have to bear myself... I LIKE being alone and I can never stop thinking to myself, pondering pessimistically about things that may actually "salvage" this suffering planet from vile race, which is man... Go ahead and express yourself, try to enjoy and relax by doing things you find most pleasurable or entertaining... Be occupied by unleashing the creative side of yourself and don't be afraid to have an "edge"... You are already using the "sharing" method by posting this up so I wish you luck in mending your wounds...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast