Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, and stress

Newbie angelstarbeam may be famous one day angelstarbeam may be famous one day angelstarbeam's Avatar
    on a distant planet where i am a humble storyteller. in reality, i live in a city. not telling which
    Thanks
    i feel anxiety whenever i think about college, but i try to calm down and try to relax by thinking this one thing: just do ypur best and don't loose hope. the end of the world is not coming yet.
    The noble ones of this world
    Are the ones that repent
    of their own sins

Otaku Wonderlandless may be famous one day Wonderlandless may be famous one day Wonderlandless's Avatar
    Thanks
    I believe that everyone suffers from some form of mental illness, so yes, I do have anxiety and depression.

My first boyfriend died rather suddenly and it really messed me up, dealing with trust issues. I'm dating someone new (after four years of swearing no dating) and I can't tell you how...scared I am. All the time, because I don't think I can bare to lose another one. The anxiety makes me over analyze things, leading me into a sort of depression connected with the past and all the things I do wrong, triggering stress.

I have stress in my every day. Stress that knowing there are so many people out there who hate me without ever knowing me because of who I love, of possibly never having a normal life (marriage, adoption). These are heavy issues, which depress me when I think too much about them.

Honestly, everyone has depression and stress. I have a theory that adults can never be truly happy. Think about it, when was the last time you were perfectly, numbingly happy, without a care in the world? More than likely you can't think of that time unless you say 'my childhood'. I believe once we start to grow up that we stop feeling 'truly happy' because we can't. Too much stress is placed on us ("I have to make my car payments" ; "I forgot to do my homework, I hope this doesn't hurt my grade in math class" ; "I hope John likes me and not that other girl" ; "I'm getting older, I hope my insurance will cover for any medical bills I might have" ect ect). Early childhood is when we feel our happiest. Because as we are blissfully ignornant of the world around us. As we get older and so much stress is put on us, we settle for 'Content' and confuse it with 'happy'.

I would go more into this, buts a very dizzying subject. My boyfriend and I have often talked about it, but its a huge circle that leads me nowhere, mostly.
    No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However,
    a great number of electrons were terribly
    inconvenienced

Love with its back turned My manga highschool love story.

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    im not saying it will, but with a chance of being close im gonna quickly throw in my two cents

negative thoughts are okay, because negative things do exists in life. There is no point to be positive all the time, that is the same as living in a disney story. As cliche as it might seem I come to AO to get my mind of these stuff, just enough to realize there's still good stuff in life. Also write down your thoughts, use an online journal or paper as a way for you to let out steam.

But it's best to have an mature friend, count it ONE, that you can absolutely trust with talking to them about different issues you might have.
    I agree with pyoro with the having the friend to talk to that you can trust, i find that most helpful in many situations, then again, i usually put my troubled feelings on paper and write poems ^^;;...its something that helps me let out some steam

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Nothing is helping me at this time, i managed to quite smoking and the anxiouty of that is very strong but at the moment me and my girlfriend have been going through a really rough time, from the very moment i wake till i sleep shes on my mind, i snap at people in mileseconds of they make me mad....even my friends are annoying me at this point and i know thats a horrible thing to say but thats just how i feel.

My girlfriend isnt replying to my text's or calls because she needs space basically she doesnt wanna talk this arguement over and all i can do is wait, i managed to quite smoking and compared to this situation im in now quiting smoking was easy....

Why is it that when you rely on someone and trust them they always find a cruel way to hert you, this is just sad i have tried everything and nothing is helping because she is my happiness and without her all thats left is nothing.

Well the only thing thats keeping me going now is hope that it works out and if it doesnt i dont know yet....just hope that makes me feel trully weak in desperait times.Jan

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ye i've been very depressed lately...
    cause of work and other factors... but im recovering >_<
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderlandless
    The anxiety makes me over analyze things, leading me into a sort of depression connected with the past and all the things I do wrong, triggering stress.
    This is exactly how I'm feeling, but today, I've seemed to calm down. That's really how I felt: over analyzing, and always leads me to the past ~ and it seemed that it would always trigger something out, like the dimino effect. . . I completely understand everyone, it does suck ~

Well. . . . ~ WOW ! ^_^;

I didn't think I would have so many responses when I came back.... I....

Thank you all !!
    After reading everyones advice, I relized, I can handle the things that come along in my mind, just not when I'm very tired, and can't seem to think of anything but dying, etc.

Hmmm, I already express myself, but I want to get into music, because ^_^ (just like some of you said) it really does help. I've been listening to jazz all day, and that calmed me down ~ but I want to start playing piano and my guitar more.
    I've been trying to express myself, but I guess I will need to start a new drawing/sketch. I also write poems, and write in a journal, but looking at them, makes me more depressed ~ I guess it might be a good idea to start over with a new one.

Thanks to all for your helpful advice ~ ^3^ and I hope for everyone with depression/anxiety, like me are healing. It truly does damage, but it seems as if I'm almost back to normal, I hope the best for ya guys... THANKS ! (once again >_<)
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    well my method is very simple for when i get down and depressed or stressed out. first i find some friends to chill with and air out the problems i have a little (i mean thats what friends are for right?), and then when i'm back on my own again i surround myself with things that make me happy and comfortable. i dont drown myself in the negative aspects of life. i try to indulge myself in a tv show i like (stargate sg-1) or a movie. and sometimes its a video game or i will write out my problems in something like Live journal or in a personal diary/journal type thing.

you just have to realize life aint good all the time, but make it bad all the time will never make it better. you just gotta trudge through the bad times, because eventually the good times will come again. thats how life just is.

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks
    heres what you should do

just dont worry about it and only do things that make you happy like going to the mall or something or hanging out with your friends you know try to not let it get the best of you alright man??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast