Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone familiar with surgery?

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Ha! People on an anime forum familiar with open-heart surgery? You've got a better chance of finding a professional ninja in France!

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    I just said my sister was almost a doctor. All she has to do is pass a few more exams and she's fully qualified.

Just because none of us know what we are talking about, it doesn't mean that we can't get hold of some reliable information or give a little encouragement, the poor thing.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Ha! People on an anime forum familiar with open-heart surgery? You've got a better chance of finding a professional ninja in France!
    I didn't say I know about surgery or open heart bypasses, all I did was say go to webmd

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I wasn't pointin' fingers, pyoro. Geez...

Newbie sakura-chan may be famous one day sakura-chan may be famous one day sakura-chan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sib
    It's okay to be worried Sakura-Chan, but what your mum is going through is actually normal. My sister is a doctor (well, almost), and she just so happens to be home for the weekend and I asked her if this 'shaking' was to be expected.

She talked for a long time and used alot of medical language, but in short, she said that shaking is nothing out of the ordinary. Heart surgery leaves the body in shock, and it will take 4-6 weeks for your mother to feel better. She's probably going to have trouble sleeping and feel abit moody as well, but again, it just means that your mum is getting better. For the first couple of weeks she might notice a kind of "clicking noise" in her chest, have swelling where the surgery took place and experience muscle pains in her shoulders and back, but again this is normal.

All you have to do is help to look after your mum for a while. Make sure she keeps taking her medicine like the doctors said and help to make her feel relaxed (take her an extra pillow, or some flowers... that will probably make her feel better faster).

And listen to what Zui Quan said. If you start to worry too much, or you think something is really wrong, then make sure you tell a doctor. Doctors are there to help you and your mum, so don't be afraid of asking them questions or raising concerns.

I hope your mum feels better soon. ^^
    doode, i love you! and your sister!! ^^

I kow I shouldn't worry so much about my mom. I just want everything to go well. Especially her recovery. I know I won't be finding all the information I need, but Sib gave me pretty much everything i could ask for. I spoke to my mom tonight and she said her shaking went down. and btw, the shaking is like shivering.

Thank you guys fr the help/advice!! You guys helped more than the nurses did!!

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    Everyone here is happy to help. Be sure to tell us when your mum has made a full recovery.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    shaking is a common thing after a heart surgery. a few signs to notice is if she starts having cold sweats and numbnes on the left side call the EMTs (if at home) or page the nurse. but this is commen in most. I myself being a E5 EMT have been called on something like this and its been nothing. Juse make sure she has alot of rest and dosen't try to move much

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I've had Non-hodkins lymphoma in my leg for 5 years. Undergone several surgies. After my First operation, i noticed my leg (the one with the cancer) would twitch unexpectedly. It quit after a few weeks. After the next surgery it happened but not as long. It's nothing serious, and not harmful. You shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2