Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone Following "Beserk"?

Otaku Panda Golf Champion Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face Is anyone Following "Beserk"?

Well, I have seen the whole animated series and I think it's AWESOME! ! Just one downfall. It leaves you hanging, here's the twist, you have to read the manga to see how it really ends. I haven't started reading the Manga just yet but I was wondering if anyone has been reading it and could tell me one thing......they say that the manga is different from the animated series, my question is....

Is the Manga series for Beserk good and is it really different from the series??

OH, to keep the disscussion going, what did everyone think of it??
    Last edited by Ryoga_TheLost; Oct 11, 2005 at 03:30 PM.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is anyone Following "Beserk"?

I love Berserk. Its one of my favorites especially with all the blood and violence. I haven't been keeping up with the mangas though. From what I remember from my horrible memory, the guy with the big sword becomes part robot with a gun in his arm and he is hunting the guy who turned on them. (I really need to start remembering names).

Newbie FrozenAffairs may be famous one day FrozenAffairs may be famous one day FrozenAffairs's Avatar
    Thanks

aww crap, it leaves you hanging!?!?! jeeze iv been watching this and waithing for them to get with it! the story evolves ever so slowly....sigh i guess i do have to read trhe manga then

p.s. good anime, not great in my opinion but worth seeing (what isnt?)

Otaku Panda Golf Champion Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenAffairs
    aww crap, it leaves you hanging!?!?! jeeze iv been watching this and waithing for them to get with it! the story evolves ever so slowly....sigh i guess i do have to read trhe manga then

p.s. good anime, not great in my opinion but worth seeing (what isnt?)
    OH, I didn't ruin anything. I think that you should still watch it because it is really good. What episode are you on?? Well, trust me...you are going to be in for a really good surprise when you finish it. You are going to want to read the manga.

Newbie Guts_Dragonslayer may be famous one day Guts_Dragonslayer may be famous one day Guts_Dragonslayer's Avatar
    Thanks

I've read the Berserk manga up through the timeline of the PS2 Berserk game, volume 22 maybe. The first 2-3 volumes occur after the end of the anime, giving you a little character background and their motivations. Then the next 10 volumes follow Guts' past, showing what you've seen in the anime and then some. After that, it follows right after the eclipse at the end of the anime, directly following up on the God Hand and their servants. Good stuff, lots of twists. It's a worthy anime to follow.

And to whoever said it before, he's about as much of a robot as Ed Elric is.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guts_Dragonslayer
    I've read the Berserk manga up through the timeline of the PS2 Berserk game, volume 22 maybe. The first 2-3 volumes occur after the end of the anime, giving you a little character background and their motivations. Then the next 10 volumes follow Guts' past, showing what you've seen in the anime and then some. After that, it follows right after the eclipse at the end of the anime, directly following up on the God Hand and their servants. Good stuff, lots of twists. It's a worthy anime to follow.
    WOW, THANKS for the info. I am really going to have to read the Manga then.

voluntarily left site Alegos may be famous one day Alegos may be famous one day
    Thanks

Wow, thanks for the reminder, I all but forgot about Berserk, I had been reading the manga and for some reason stopped... I have the anime series, and the game for Dreamcast (which is fun, but it seems to be a side story of its own) but I only have read the first... 5-6 volumes of the manga and I don't have the PS2 game.

Heh, my friend once joked that if they would have done that "triple-take" during the water splashing fight between Guts and Griffith, it would have been the greatest anime ever.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

good anime and a GREAT manga very bloody and violent if u like that kind of stuff lmao. I knew someone that had the original japanese manga... and i got to skim throgh them... all i can truly say about the manga is ... that it was 16 times bloodier than the show.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast