Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know of good war games for PC?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Joint Ops, RTCW,...
    He's/She's asking for Real Time Strategy games!

Newbie splitpeasoup may be famous one day splitpeasoup may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    Joint Ops, RTCW,...
    He's/She's asking for Real Time Strategy games!
    Heh, thanks. Yeah, my buddy is real narrow in his game tastes. Since you seem to know what a hardcore RTs gamer likes, maybe you can help. I think I'm going with Act of War because it comes out close to his birthday, do you think it's RTSey enough for a hardcore RTS fan?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by splitpeasoup
    Heh, thanks. Yeah, my buddy is real narrow in his game tastes. Since you seem to know what a hardcore RTs gamer likes, maybe you can help. I think I'm going with Act of War because it comes out close to his birthday, do you think it's RTSey enough for a hardcore RTS fan?
    Well since it hasn't been released yet I'm not sure if it's good. It looks very promising though, kinda like Command and Conquer; Story driven, with lots of actors to flesh it out...
    The graphics look good too, more than just good even.
    The focus seems to be more on small urban battles, going from house to house and using the surroundings for cover. That may be a minus if your buddy likes massive battles with thousands of units on screen.

All in all it looks very promising (three playable factions, good single player mode, more than 100 different units) but I advise you to wait until some sites/mags you trust give a positive review...

One more thing, the official site has posted a demo of the game online so make your friend dl it and try it out!

http://www.atari.com/actofwar/uk/flash_high.htm
    Press "skip intro" (or watch it) then go the bottom right of your screen...
    Last edited by Hassun; Feb 24, 2005 at 01:31 PM.

Newbie splitpeasoup may be famous one day splitpeasoup may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    One more thing, the official site has posted a demo of the game online so make your friend dl it and try it out!

http://www.atari.com/actofwar/uk/flash_high.htm
    Press "skip intro" (or watch it) then go the bottom right of your screen...
    Oh cool, that's a good idea, I could have him try the demo. As long as I get to the store before he does. Thanks for your opinions. I think I have some real options now.

Thanks
    It'll be hard if you're planning to keep the present a secret...

Newbie 4n1m3x13itch may be famous one day 4n1m3x13itch may be famous one day
    Thanks

Talking :p

I suggest playing warcraft 3 if your mostly into strategy games or if you go to eb games just stupidly ask the person what war gamse are acceptional :P <--stupid

Newbie jkun17 may be famous one day jkun17 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    The best one out so far is Call of Duty.

It's another one of those "(Noun) (Preposition) (Noun)" games like Medal of Honor or Brothers in Arms. It's a really good FPS but after you finish the game it really isn't worth playing unless you do the multi-player. I haven't played Brothers in Arms yet but it's supposed to be a bit different because you get to command other soldiers while playing in FPS mode.

I don't really like Medal of Honor much because it's too much, "world depends on your success" game. It's not just un-realistic, but un-probable.

What I'd like to see them put out is a WWII game that's like Splinter Cell. I'd play that for hours.

Newbie silverayne may be famous one day silverayne may be famous one day silverayne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmmm for the PC I reccomend:

-Battle for Middle-Earth
    -World of Warcraft ;AWESOMENESS!!! ^___^
    -Warcraft III: Frozen Throne/Starcraft
    - Diablo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast