Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone reading the rules?!

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is anyone reading the rules?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin
    Yep. Mods have better things to do. Like watch anime.

Right! They can't do thier own thing and improve the site if they're too busy keeping the members in line. The moerators provide a service to us, and thus we owe them a lot. The least we could do is follow the rules.

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeAficianado
    About once every 5 threads i read i see a closed topic because of someone not paying any attention... The rules say no posting on threads that have been inactive for two weeks or more, and so on... Why do people post on them then? Is it just people who are new to the forum and don't know what the rules say because they don't care to read them? Should the Admin's make a manditory screen when you sign up that shows all the rules to make sure that people read them? Even if they did that i think people would still skip reading them... What about you guys? What do you think should be done? Or is this even that big a problem? Should people get in trouble for breaking such a small rule? I think so because it's still disreguarding the rules layed down by the mods and admins.
    dude how about you chill out and not nit pick? so the new people are sometimes annoying cause they don't listen... but even i make mistakes and break AO forum rules and i have been here since the old AO website and since nov. 2004 when it started to run again..... take a chill pill and threads like this piss people off too not just new people who can't follow rules.... for example i am pissed off that you are picking on people and if new people will read this thread they will leave AO.... and what are you soooo important cause you have more posts than the new people? go think of another thread please and don't make people like me who have other forums ot answer in waste time and type in this forum because i don't like it when people think they are better than others......
    hokay rant done!

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Relax, in a forum everyone's opinion matters. Even if someone's complaining about something. No one's nit picking, just simply pointing out the fact that a large number of people don't follow the rules. It's a problem in all forums, so people complaining in this one isn't going to drive anyone away.

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't mean to sound like im better than others, i want trying to get at that at all. I was just saying that i was wondering what others thought about the rules being broken so much and what should be done about it if anything should be done at all. I was asking opinion, i wasnt at all trying to say im better because i know im not. Sorry if thats what came across, and i dont mean to scare anyone off either, like i said i was only trying to ask an opinion so i wasnt trying to piss anyone off as well... If it pisses people off so much than just close the thread... i dont want to do anything mean...

Thanks

Unfortinatley pretty much everything that can be done is being done. The only thing we can do is try to keep things along the lines of the AO rules and save the moderators the trouble of having to deal with us. It doesn't matter whos better than who so long as no one gets banned for not following the rules or backtalking the moderators, then no one cares. And it was just a simple question, it didn't sound that way.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I think the mods and admins will agree with me when I say, IT IS INEVITABLE!!!!!

No one likes rules. No one likes being told what to do, I came here, I didn't bother with rules. I took hints, thats it. But before I was here, I already knew general forums' protocal. n00bs and cluelessness can't be stopped, no matter what efforts are put forth. Call it pessimistic, call it lack of faith, but it's true! How many of you HONESTLY read the rules the instant they got here?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    I think the mods and admins will agree with me when I say, IT IS INEVITABLE!!!!!

No one likes rules. No one likes being told what to do, I came here, I didn't bother with rules. I took hints, thats it. But before I was here, I already knew general forums' protocal. n00bs and cluelessness can't be stopped, no matter what efforts are put forth. Call it pessimistic, call it lack of faith, but it's true! How many of you HONESTLY read the rules the instant they got here?

That would be me. Now did I read ALL of thm, no. But either way, people doing stupid things is inevitable. Not to mention some of us like rules, although certainly not all rules.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

so you join the few, but if you were to survey the tens of thousands of users here, I guarantee you that far more than half would answer, no. I eventually read the rules, every one, which by then I already had the general idea anyway. It doesn't change the fact that n00bness is inevitable.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast