Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone reading the rules?!

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is anyone reading the rules?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    so you join the few, but if you were to survey the tens of thousands of users here, I guarantee you that far more than half would answer, no. I eventually read the rules, every one, which by then I already had the general idea anyway. It doesn't change the fact that n00bness is inevitable.

I agree. I am of the few, and the mass "noobness" will happen, no matter what the mods do. But to make sure that noobs are at least aware of the rules, then that should suffice.

Otaku Mana may be famous one day Mana may be famous one day Mana's Avatar
    Thanks

I and everyone should and would probably agree that reading and abiding by the rules is the best thing for a community/forum to make it a fun place for everyone. But like real life scenarios: people are people, meaning you can't have your cake and eat it too. I'm not saying you can't have fun here without rules being absolutely followed, but there's nothing much you can really do but help to YOUR full extent. By that I mean you as a member here are being privileged to contribute as just a member; not a staff member/moderator or admin. I'm sure they know their jobs well and are trying to do them as best as possible. If you don't like being under their authority for whatever reasons then no one's making you stay, I'm sure stirring the pot and making even more conflict is not what they want on their plates.

Although this probably makes me sound like a hypocrite with all this talk but this is an opinion thread and I haven't seen any harsh flaming so I guess it's alright, eh? Please note that this is not towards any persons exclusively and is just what I think, nothing more.
    "so i herd u liek mudkips"

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

well if i'm honest i didn't read the rules at all, but i used mainly common knowledge. some rules where new to me but i did ok, i think that the people who need to read the rules are the ones who have never been on the forums.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    yeah apparently you DIDNT read the rules because if I catch you "chatting" in a thread your up the creek something fierce
    lol, I like your wording there Gig. Up the creek somthing fierce.

As for people who can't read the rules, they are just the special folk of society, they were born with the ability to be illiterate, and I guess they just worked super hard to get where they are today. Illiterate, god love em.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been checking out other forums to see how they're set up. I only learned one thing; AO is the best. It is the best because of the rules, and because the rules are enforced. It keeps these forums and galleries from going to the dogs.

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

that's why i think it's so important to follow the rules. If we don't AO can turn into one of the run of the mill normal completely noobed out forums (jk lol but it still could). And i would hate for that to happen. I don't really know what else to say but without AO i wouldn't have a place i'd like to go to for anime on the internet. It's the best and i'm glad i get to be a part of it! (and i strongly hope that i can stay a part of it for a very long time!)

Newbie Nurika may be famous one day Nurika may be famous one day Nurika's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt anyone does. But...to show that some people have, I was one of those people. But that was like 2 years ago for me, when AO first started.

The Sock Puppet Queen

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nurika
    I doubt anyone does. But...to show that some people have, I was one of those people. But that was like 2 years ago for me, when AO first started.
    And a few times that I have to remind them to you Nuri-girl... lol Ah the good old days...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast