Thread: Aria: The Animation

Newbie OrangeBanana may be famous one day OrangeBanana may be famous one day
    Thanks

Aria: The Animation

It may be old news, but I never see anyone talk about Kozue Amano's manga Aria, so I'll try my hand at making a thread.

Being a fan of the manga, it's quite a big deal to me seeing as how I wish their was an anime counterpart to it. If you check out the website, the artwork is actually quite nice and it seems like the anime will turn out rather decent. I don't think it will be on par with Air, but then again, I'm never right about these things.

The website can be found at:

http://www.ariacompany.net/

Sadly though, there aren't any production sketches or many previews of the artwork for the anime released yet. A major factor that I'm highly looking forward to is seeing the scenery shots animated. Why? It's rather obvious. Some of the scenes in Aria are drawn with such care and detail, it's only natural for me to want to see it in cels. I wonder when the first episode is going to be aired?

I figured I should put up a summary of the series as well, in case your interested.

"On the planet Aqua, a world once known as Mars, Akari Mizunashi has just made her home in the town of Neo-VENEZIA, a futuristic imitation of the ancient city of Venice. The technology of “Man Home” (formerly Earth) has not entirely reached this planet, and Akari is alone, having no contact with family or friends. Nonetheless, the town, with its charming labyrinths of rivers and canals, becomes Akari’s new infatuation, along with the dream of becoming a full-fledged gondolier."

So, has anyone else been reading this manga?

Newbie LightSorrow may be famous one day LightSorrow may be famous one day LightSorrow's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Aria: The Animation

Looks pretty cool, haven't been reading much manga lately thou =P
    So whats the setting and story about btw

Newbie Negi-Sensei may be famous one day Negi-Sensei may be famous one day Negi-Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks

sher ill check it out homie
    i kinda like asuna-san...

Newbie OrangeBanana may be famous one day OrangeBanana may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LightSorrow
    Looks pretty cool, haven't been reading much manga lately thou =P
    So whats the setting and story about btw
    It's a simple story of the character Akira living on Neo-Venezia (which is similar to the appearance of Venice), and her life there. It's a nice peaceful manga that always seems to put me in a good mood.