Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Army,Marines and Navy

Newbie BoundlessWings may be famous one day BoundlessWings may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Army,Marines and Navy

Yeah I've had my eye on the air force primairly because they get tot play with all the toys. But in times of serious full blown war air combat gets just as bad as ground combat. Besides not many troops have to fall to their deaths in an iron coffin.
    I'm the fallen and the lost's way of escape.

Newbie Glorified may be famous one day Glorified may be famous one day Glorified's Avatar
    Thanks

I am an Army soldier. The only difference between the Army and the others is that i the Army you can do all the other things and stil be in the Army. The Army has its own airforce as well as it's own navy. And if you want to be a Marine, you can go to the Army and be a Ranger which is better than Marines.
    "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteouness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God."

Otaku GSXR600K1 may be famous one day GSXR600K1 may be famous one day GSXR600K1's Avatar
    Thanks

I am kind to the ARMY. Cuz I waz in active army for 4 years and national guard for 10.

Newbie minizuki may be famous one day minizuki may be famous one day minizuki's Avatar
    Thanks

i hate the navy it made me and my father desint we don't even talk to each other any more. if i could i'd go back in time and stop him from going i miss visiting him and hanging out but we don't do that any more he has his own life and i'm not in it :mad2: i'd say any thing but the navy
    Last edited by minizuki; Sep 06, 2005 at 02:04 PM.

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

I would choose Army, try to get in communications or pioneer...that should be fun.
    I was personaly 9months in Finnish military, MP in artillery division. Got as high as sergeant.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Otaku emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan's Avatar
    Thanks

i kinda have to be in the navy. . .its like a family tradition. .
    Don't let me be.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

If I were to ever join some military branch I would go for the Air Force...
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sceleratus rex
    The Airforce is the least amount of work, if that's what you're looking for. Also, you're less likely to get shipped to your death in the war. But if you're into being "manly" or just feel like going to Iraq, the army or marines is what you're looking for.

If you just want to get some money for college or to travel, do the airforce.
    Wow, you people are incredibly ignorant. The Air Force is not less work, and it is not just for those who want "free" money and travel. Yes, the Air Force has the shortest basic training (6 weeks, not 7 like previously mentioned), but it still involves drills, physical training that includes a timed 2 mile run an other physical profeciencies you must meet, formations, marching, getting up at 4 am and not getting to bed until midnight, training with M-16, and a week long "survival camp" where you are basicall divided into groups and you have to go through a physical fitness course, pitch a tent, and live off military rations, and other essential survival skills. And I know this for a fact because I was in the AF. Just because it has a shorter basic training doesn't make it any easier. The TIs are just as mean, they will yell at you, and they expect nothing less of you than your very best at everything and then some. And jobs in the AF are not eaiser either. In fact, the AF is the hardest branch to get into because they require a higher score an on the ASVAB (kinda like the SAT for the military) than the other branches.
    AS for the "getting shipped to death" part, that's just as much of a false statement as any other made here. If you look at the number of people in all branches of the military, and compare that with the number of people who have died in servicve during this war, you will see that it is actually a very small percentage of people who have died. Granted, you are less likely to die while serving in the Air Force, but that's mostly doe to the fact that outside of a small special forces unit they have, they do not have an infantry.
    There is no one branch of the military that is better than another. They all have their strengths and specialties, and they all must work together during both times of war and peace. I have members of my family who were in the Army, Navy, and Air Force, and I don't see any one of them as better than the other. I guess that might be hard for some of you to understand, especially if you know little about the military, but do not make assumptions like "the Air Force is easier" and "you'll get killed for sure in the Army". You do not know what you are talking about, and it's a disgrace to those of us who have served to hear you people talk like you've been there too.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast