Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Arrest in hit-and-run deaths

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Arrest in hit-and-run deaths

I'm not a good judge, but she should have got at least 5 years.

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

Prison is not what she deserves and neither is psychiatric treatment. What she
    REALLY deserves in to be ran over with a Humvee. If she still screams after that, put in reverse and floor the gas pedal

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kasai
    Turn them in.

I see your point, Ari. However my opinion still stands. She deserves more punishment, not a slap on the wrist. This woman turned herself in.
    Exactly, she "turned herself in".

Would you consider it less of a slap if those two years were spent in prison instead of house arrest?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Ari, would you find it justify if the woman who ran over your child only recieved house arrest? -sigh-

I'm sorry I cant see it your way.
    Seduced by Flesh

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kasai
    Ari, would you find it justify if the woman who ran over your child only recieved house arrest? -sigh-

I'm sorry I cant see it your way.
    So am I right that the reason you are upset is because she isn't in prison but house arrest?

The point of prison is to remove the freedoms of the person. For a minimum security sentance house arrest does the same thing without forcing the state to house and feed them at taxpayers expense. Now day's it is enforced. The person involved is collored with a anklet that informes the authority if they ever leave their allowable vicinity. Should that happen they go straight to jail. No if, ands, or buts. House arrest these days is imprisonment. She will have no freedom for two years. Period. In my opinion (having met a few people under house arrest) that is a prison sentance.

And if it was my child that was accidently run over I would be concerned for the person who did it. My child would be free from pain. They will have to live with it for the rest of their lives.

Being upset because you feel that someone has not been sufficiently punished for an accident is more of a statement about yourself then justice.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku darkangels36 may be famous one day darkangels36 may be famous one day darkangels36's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with shonen but i might choose another vehicle to do it in one not so heavy. I don't care if it was an accident that's still completely screwed up and nothing really justifies it. Either she should suffer the same punishment or prison manslaughters manslaughter i think she got off way to easy!
    This is the code of honor: A wounded man says to his assaliant if i live i will kill you and if i die you are forgiven: Thus this is the code of honor!

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't care who you are or where you come from - If you accidently ran over two children, and you know that you did, you need to stop and call for some bloody help!!!!!!!! It's scary, I'm sure. But that's all the more important to stop and GET HELP. The lives of those children could have been saved!!!! Kasai made a wonderful point: She's a teacher!! How would she react if a child got hurt in her classroom? Would she run away? Or do everything in her power to help the child?

I ran over a dog when I had my license for a week. I was freaked out over a dog. I was in shock - I cried, I screamed. But I stopped and got some help. And the dog was saved.

House arrest? I don't feel it is enough. But would jail time make her see how much damage she has done??? Most likely it wouldn't.

The unfortunate thing is that this happens everyday, all over the nation. Millions of families are left broken and without justice. >.<

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    So am I right that the reason you are upset is because she isn't in prison but house arrest?

The point of prison is to remove the freedoms of the person. For a minimum security sentance house arrest does the same thing without forcing the state to house and feed them at taxpayers expense. Now day's it is enforced. The person involved is collored with a anklet that informes the authority if they ever leave their allowable vicinity. Should that happen they go straight to jail. No if, ands, or buts. House arrest these days is imprisonment. She will have no freedom for two years. Period. In my opinion (having met a few people under house arrest) that is a prison sentance.

And if it was my child that was accidently run over I would be concerned for the person who did it. My child would be free from pain. They will have to live with it for the rest of their lives.

Being upset because you feel that someone has not been sufficiently punished for an accident is more of a statement about yourself then justice.
    Thank you Ari, I understand now. However, I get the feel that punishment is just a slap on the wrist. She gets to be at her home while those children's mother weep in her home. I guess what I'm trying to get at is....Even though it's an accident...Two young lives were lost. And the person at fault told no one for a few days. All the person at fault recieved was 2 years house arrest. I think...Nothing can justify a death, I know nothing can justify the punishment for a death.
    Seduced by Flesh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast