Thread: Art Communities

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Art Communities

One of the main reasons I joined AO wasn't for the friendly people on the forums (but It's one of the reasons I've stuck with this place), it was the gallery, and the critique that I get on my works that drew me here.

Now, I'm a member of several art communities, most notably, Deviantart , and Minitokyo, but those communities are too large, and alot of work there goes uncommented, and ignored.

But chatting in a Star Trek/Star Wars/LOTR chat room that I've been a member of for five years (send me a PM for the address if you're interested), a member there posted a link to a place calledSheezyART.

At first glance, it looks like a Deviantart clone, and quite frankly, it is. but after signing up, and spending about an hour putting my work on their site, I started getting a crap load of Feedback, all of it being positive. The comunity (While small) is very friendly. Its truely a gem. It would be a great place for a newbie artist to showcase there work, and get positive, encouraging feedback. They also give their users great customization tools to tailor their Userpage to look like they want (I made mine look like Deviantart), not even Deviantart gives that to their Subscribers (I have a one year subscription with dA)

I was wondering if anyone else here knew of other art communities out there.
    Last edited by aceman67; Feb 21, 2005 at 03:24 PM.

Newbie KaiserD may be famous one day KaiserD may be famous one day
    Thanks
    www.artwanted.com although I doubt they would allow wallpapers. Since it is smaller than Deviant there's a fairer exposure to your work, you used to get very good critiques there but there has been problems with "lowballers" and now everyone is afraid to rate pictures less than 10 or say anything critical about work.

I wouldn't be surprised if the rating system was taken off but anyhow...it's my favourite community and worth the money for a premium subscription.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    digitalart.org is a good one.....ive been recently checking in on it from time to time, nicely put together site. Sort of similiar to deviantart in ways...