Thread: An artist with a cry out to AO

Otaku Sashacat may be famous one day Sashacat may be famous one day Sashacat's Avatar
    Thanks

An artist with a cry out to AO

Some of you may know me and some of you may not, but I have been at this website for over a year now. I used to love this art site for its helpful comments and warm inviting community members. I still do though some new problems I think should be brought to attention.
    -I return to the new and growing AO to only find that its new members are not what I remember. My art has been recieving 3s or 1s without no comment explaining as to why. I know some art isn't to the taste of others but I believe that if it isn't your style of art then you should not comment saying you don't like it just because you don't. I feel that giving points 1-10 should also come with a comment explaining why.
    -My problem...or of a question really is that my recent art has been deemed Anthro and not Anime and then givin a 1. The title of this webpage is AnimeOnline yes...but I see varities of other types of arts here. If my Anthro art does not belong on this webpage then I will simply remove it but then shouldn't many other things on this website be removed? Pictures are not anime...some Wallpapers are not anime...some drawings are not anime..models are not anime. Should all these be removed?
    So I ask the new members and old members to be a bit kinder....think of this as your art to. This is a community and I feel that you should be respectful of other people's art. I don't ask for mushy stuff...just a bit more kindness. I wish to remain here where I have for a long time. I enjoy seeing new artists and old ones alike. Art is what brought us here....we are sharing it with others to gain help....not to make them feel stupid or bad about their art.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sashacat
    Some of you may know me and some of you may not, but I have been at this website for over a year now. I used to love this art site for its helpful comments and warm inviting community members. I still do though some new problems I think should be brought to attention.
    -I return to the new and growing AO to only find that its new members are not what I remember. My art has been recieving 3s or 1s without no comment explaining as to why. I know some art isn't to the taste of others but I believe that if it isn't your style of art then you should not comment saying you don't like it just because you don't. I feel that giving points 1-10 should also come with a comment explaining why.
    -My problem...or of a question really is that my recent art has been deemed Anthro and not Anime and then givin a 1. The title of this webpage is AnimeOnline yes...but I see varities of other types of arts here. If my Anthro art does not belong on this webpage then I will simply remove it but then shouldn't many other things on this website be removed? Pictures are not anime...some Wallpapers are not anime...some drawings are not anime..models are not anime. Should all these be removed?
    So I ask the new members and old members to be a bit kinder....think of this as your art to. This is a community and I feel that you should be respectful of other people's art. I don't ask for mushy stuff...just a bit more kindness. I wish to remain here where I have for a long time. I enjoy seeing new artists and old ones alike. Art is what brought us here....we are sharing it with others to gain help....not to make them feel stupid or bad about their art.
    no doubt. Frankly if i'm gonna dl someones art i'm gonna take out the time to comment on it... as should everyone. That thing of people giving you a 1 and then not telling you y should be forbidden to a sense. If i'm gonna recieve a 1 someone better tell me y so that i can improve my art. Art is meant to be improved not thrown out and discarded. Personally i don't think you should remove any of your works from ao. Unless they go against the rules; i think they're fine.

Plus noone should feel stupid for something they created, it took them time and energy to make a work of art; then they do deserve at least some praise for at least attempting. Most people i know wouldn't even try.

So i agree with ya sashacat.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sorry for saying this but, if you don't like the way people rates your images or the comments received then you shouldn't post it. This is not a recent problem of the "new" AO, it happened all the time before the "big-bang" so your complaint has no valid point. As stated many times in the past, coments and ratings are the sole responsibility of the poster and neither the regular members or staff will do something to change it unless the rules of the site are broken.

End of this matter... Thread Closed...