Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Asia Quakes' Tsunamis Kill Nearly 10,000

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nova
    This is a terrible tragedy. I'm very saddened by this and am very worried about my mates/co-workers who have relatives in those countries and go there during this time of year.

Damn all of you who are using this as a sick excuse to joke.
    Show some f-cking respect.
    Thank you and GallComp for reconizing what a terrible time today was for overseaers' and their families. I bet if 20 of your friends and family were gathering for a vacation in Asia and some were injured and maybe possibly died, it would jerk you just a little. Please, respect.... remember Asia invented anime, and isn't that what we're here to talk and discuss in most forums ???

Thanks once again ^ ^
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Oh, yeah... don't take me wrong. That's how I deal with tragedies... I deal with things by making jokes about it. I know it's serious, and I'm sad for those that lost people, but it's just my way of dealing with it.

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mamimi_rue
    I bet if 20 of your friends and family were gathering for a vacation in Asia and some were injured and maybe possibly died, it would jerk you just a little.
    I hope your friends and family are okay.

Otaku Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai's Avatar
    Thanks
    This is really tragic, and I'm quite near, so I'm kinda blessed staying in Malaysia, where the after effects of the tsunami hit here only took 51 lives to date. Even the effects are minimised, but the waves are still clocked at 160 kmph with 3 metres, which is actually very small, but still dangerous.

What I hate is the reseachers here is actually pretending they know this tsunami's predicted damage, and we've only been hit by a tsunami for the first time. *what the s**t* Like, damn! Don't talk if you don't know... We've only got it for the first time, so stop saying you know, when Indonesia and Sri Lanka have people who really know what a tsunami is capable of. Plus, 3 metre tsunami is nothing
    Fi5th Column
    ----
    Thx to Trunks for this wonderful sig~.
    ----

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks
    this is such a tragedy, the sheer number of people missing, homeless, and deceased has me floored. my heart goes out to those affected by this disaster.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Current death toll (source = BBC):

Sri Lanka: 13000 dead
    Indonesia: 4500 dead
    India: 3500 dead
    Thailand: 866 dead
    Maldives: 52 dead
    Malaysia: 44 dead
    Burma: 30 dead
    Bangladesh: 2 dead

The earthquake was about 9.0 on the Richter scale
    The estimated death toll hovers around 23000
    Last edited by Hassun; Dec 27, 2004 at 11:47 AM.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah....i heard about it on the news.....just horrible. All those people,damn..........

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    What made the death toll incredibly large was the fact that it hit densely populated areas along coastlines near and around the Indian ocean. It's almost like dropping a monstrous rock (have you guys seen "Deep Impact"?) into that ocean, and sending deadly "ripples" towards the affected countries, only this time, the "rock" came from deep underwater, about 6 or 7 miles down. You may notice that the quake's epicenter was nearer to Indonesia than Sri Lanka, but you may ask, why the larger devastation in Sri Lanka? Well, Tsunamis have a nasty habit of "building" up when the "ripple" moves at long stretches of open water, and esp. when it gets to shallower areas. Since Sri Lanka was still a long ways off, this longer stretch of open water or "lead" would've built up the initial "wall of water" to almost the height of skyscrapers...

...and it happened right after Christmas. Makes you think more about God's plan for the world, that is, if you believe in God. But then, you're supposed to believe in God if you celebrate Christmas.

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast