Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Asia Quakes' Tsunamis Kill Nearly 10,000

Newbie Ultimaterra2005 may be famous one day Ultimaterra2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Oh, yeah... don't take me wrong. That's how I deal with tragedies... I deal with things by making jokes about it. I know it's serious, and I'm sad for those that lost people, but it's just my way of dealing with it.
    Same here. You can probley say this is even bigger then 9/11 considering the death toll is more then double. But this tradigy was nobodys fault. Just mother nature that decided "I should liberate a few percentage of the world's population."

Otaku Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Don't forget the number of people affected, like no homes, missing, injured will reach until millions. I hope the gov will send a team to clean out the affected areas and give help to the victims in anyway as soon as possible, poor people
    Fi5th Column
    ----
    Thx to Trunks for this wonderful sig~.
    ----

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I heard it, but on AIM news it said the quake actually disrupted the Earth's rotation...scary eh? >.>

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodion

...and it happened right after Christmas. Makes you think more about God's plan for the world, that is, if you believe in God. But then, you're supposed to believe in God if you celebrate Christmas.

-RODION

Read Revelation and it talks all about the stuff, about an earthquake even bigger than this! I'm not trying to press religion or anything, it's just scary after you've read the interpretation of it, and stuff like that.

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tasukuchan
    Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I heard it, but on AIM news it said the quake actually disrupted the Earth's rotation...scary eh? >.>
    No big deal. The earth's rotation gets wobbly everyday, and not only due to earthquakes and such, there are lots of other factors. The only reason this effect on rotation was reported as "scary" was because some reporter had never researched the available information before, assumed no one else knew about it, and decided to pump up the idea out of proportion.

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nova
    I hope your friends and family are okay.

^_^; I'm sorry if I stated that wrong ~ but I was making a point. I had no relitives or friends near there. Sorry for that misunderstanding.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    enh. no worries.

the rising death rate is freaking me out. it reminds me of how the death rate for 9/11 wasn't certain for nearly a month. but this whole talk about predicting the tsunami and getting diseases from the dead bodies, possibly increasing the death rate as i heard from the bbc is troublesome.

I'm just glad the US was quick to send relief there, as other countries are following.
    Last edited by nova; Dec 28, 2004 at 01:19 AM.

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nova
    ...getting diseases from the dead bodies...
    Now THAT is something the rest of us should be really worried about. I mean, think of all the types of germs/bacteria that could mutate simply because of the sheer abundance of decaying matter all around...allowing it to "go forth and multiply" and perhaps evolve into something deadlier...I mean right now we have this meninggococcymia threat, and now... *shifts uncomfortably in his chair as he is living in asia* Oh well, when your time is up, your time is up.

Hey that av seems familiar...hahaha it's the fish Rick and Minmei got into the cargo hold...well part of it...stupid door XD.

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast