Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Asia Quakes' Tsunamis Kill Nearly 10,000

Newbie ghabarkhaz may be famous one day ghabarkhaz may be famous one day ghabarkhaz's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah, that is horrible..

im live in jakarta, indonesia. it said that the whole island (sumatra island) is shaken by that earthquake.

in local newspaper, that tsunami and earthquake called "small armagedon in Aceh"

i would like to say thank you for who open this thread and thank to you all for your attention to our country.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Now they believe 40,000 deaths are prominent and over a million without homes.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai's Avatar
    Thanks
    That's right, as the authorities aren't confirmed of the number of people buried in the mud, plus missing people, national and international from 20 countries. There maybe another one coming, to make matters worse. Hope there isn't.
    Fi5th Column
    ----
    Thx to Trunks for this wonderful sig~.
    ----

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks
    My condolences to everyone personally affected by this tragedy. For meager beginning as an earthquake, the widespread damage is shocking.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I believe the red cross is accepting donations right now for the relief effort. Something those of us in the States can do.

Last count 44,000 dead. 10,000 of that is from a single town in Sumatra, Indonesia.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    I believe the red cross is accepting donations right now for the relief effort. Something those of us in the States can do.

Last count 44,000 dead. 10,000 of that is from a single town in Sumatra, Indonesia.

How awful that they've counted 44,000, from 7,000 in two days. I've wondered about if an earthquake as powerful off the coast of FL, or CA could do such damage. I feel so badly still, for the less-fortunate countries in Asia. I can't imagine the pain they're going through within this last days, counting the death toll.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    New count: +/- 55000 dead and around 30000 still missing...

Newbie teh s uck may be famous one day teh s uck may be famous one day teh s uck's Avatar
    Thanks
    Reuters is reporting 59,000 dead, and 1.5 million homeless in Sri Lanka alone. The World Health Organization is expecting the death toll to double from cholera and malaria from contaminated water and poor sanitation.

This is horrendous, but there is at least something we can do about it. Every little bit donated to relief does help.

Links for donations:

Oxfam
    ICRC (good luck trying to get to the tsunami fund page; that's been getting pounded)
    Doctors without Borders
    American Jewish World Service
    Catholic Relief Services
    American Friends Service Committee
    Your ad here.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast