Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Avatar: the Last Airbender

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Avatar: the Last Airbender

Yeah, it is. You are right about that, Kiri. It does seemed to be centered on the Chinese arts rather than the Japanese arts, which makes it all the more cool.

Like I said before, I'm all about the Elementalist ideas. Hell, I'd kill to control air.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy
    Is a real cool show i love it specialy fire bendin but i think it should stay in Nick.
    I agree...I like Fire bending too.....Water bending....it is okay where it is....
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I really like Avatar cartoon show. For those of you who are wondering about the true definition of an avatar, here it is:

In Hinduism, an Avatar is defined as the incarnation (bodily manifestation) of an Immortal Being, or of the Ultimate Supreme Being. It derives from the Sanskrit word "Avatara" which means "descent" and usually implies a deliberate descent into mortal realms for special purposes. For example, Lord Buddha is an avatar of Lord Vishnu.
    Last edited by kedar; Nov 03, 2005 at 04:42 PM.

Newbie panzerzanaku may be famous one day panzerzanaku may be famous one day panzerzanaku's Avatar
    Thanks

I love the show its pretty cool , love the whole bending thing. From what i have watched so far the show seems to fit Nick better than toonami or Adultswim, maybe if the star wasn't so young and there was more fighting it could probably be on adultswim.
    [IMG][IMG].[/IMG][/IMG]
    450x110 image limit~ hassun

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

When The Avatar was first shown as a one-hour special preview, I was fairly impressed with it, although it's obviously influenced by anime (I don't think it's made as an anime of sorts), which kind of makes it less authentic.
    There are slight differences that seperate the series from Japanese animation, such as its humor and lack of depth. I agree with the others that have stated that the storyline can be a bit childish and basic, just some of the traits seen in other cartoons.
    When I first watched it, however, I became fascinated with the fighting scenes, the "bending" techniques, and the humor of the characters; even the antagonists were funny. As the story progressed, the revealing of character personalities (their weaknesses, etc.) and the disclosures of character or world backgounds were done nicely, not excessively.
    One of the elements I find attractive in The Avatar is how they can drop some new revelation about the story that would captivate me into watching more of it, and because of the battle scenes involving the bending arts, the funny dialogues and its touch of fantasy, it pretty makes up for basic storyline.
    As for me, the story is admirable just the way it is, it wouldn't be the same if it was made an authentic anime. It just wouldn't have the same charm. I especially like the main character and his disposition as the hero of the story's world. He's kind and light hearted, good natured and has a desire to help others and do the best he can for his friends' sake.
    I also think that it's pretty ok if it's shown in nickelodeon, I mean, for a change, since Toonami often shows anime series only anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3