Thread: AVI video capture

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

Question AVI video capture

I bought a ATI TV Wonder Pro video capture card and fought with the bundled software for a week. Finally got the card to work with other software (their Multimedia Center just won't work) and capture great MPEG-2 files. When I try live capture to AVI file though, I have major frame drop issues. The resulting file is garbage; like you're watching a vid over the Internet, it constantly pauses.

Anyone have experience with AVIs? Do you need a MEGA system (I've got an Athlon 2.2ghz, 768RAM)? Or is there a setting I'm missing?

Newbie fuujin may be famous one day fuujin may be famous one day fuujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: AVI video capture

The problem most likely is that an avi is a compressed video stream. Most likely your system is fine (unless you are doing several other things at the same time, then that will be a problem if your computer is and Athlon XP+, give more detail in what your computer is. AMD XP? AMD64? 2.2 clock or 2200+? 768 DDR or PC133?)

So because your avi is a compressed video stream you could have compression settings set wrong for you. Or just it is too much procession to be capturing and then compressing into avi on the go. One idea is to capture the mpeg2 then convert it to avi.

I have never used teh ATI TV Wonder, so no personal experiance with that unit.

Give more data of your Computer