Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Axe/Tag commercials

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

Axe/Tag commercials

I have seen alot of Axe/Tag commercials on TV, they show you how girls can go wild by just using these two products. I think these commercials are degrading towards women because they make us to look women as something low. what do you think?

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Re: Axe/Tag commercials

Yeah it's somewhat degrading, although in certain ones you can clearly see how they are overexaggerating. I think the main thing they are trying to do is just appeal to guys that if they use it, they'll get the girls, I never really understood the cologne thing, always find calogne nasty smelling...

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

They are terrible advertisements. Fragrence isn't everything, but it helps. These commercials make women look unhuman, it's disgusting. The flavor names are cool, though.
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Newbie manman may be famous one day manman may be famous one day manman's Avatar
    Thanks

i geuss thats a USA thing? in England we have Lynx and the ads for that show girls going all nuts and being dirty slags just cos this dude has put on lynx, its not fair on the ladies

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe they should make fragrence commercials for ladies, that show men slobbering for them. I think that would even things out.
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manman
    i geuss thats a USA thing? in England we have Lynx and the ads for that show girls going all nuts and being dirty slags just cos this dude has put on lynx, its not fair on the ladies
    Yeah it's pretty much like that. One guy is in a supermarket and he puts on Tag(I think? or was it Axe?). and as he is shopping, all these girls are trying to tackle him, like really attracted and stuff, pretty silly.

Another one, for Axe, a guy pus it on, and as he's talking with a girl, this mermaid in a big aquarium across the room is staring at him and winks.

I find it kinda funy.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Degrating towards women- yes. Ingenious marketing strategy- absolutely. Men and women both should know that these senarios are made to be outright comical in their overstated and tackie ideaological values, but that works on a subconcious level for many consumers. They proabaly spend a fortune on psycological research to develop what we see as a cheap advertizement because it works on a level that can not be easily percieved.

They do this for their other products as well, targeting each demographic with the same diabolical associative brainwashing.

Axe=degree, dove, Q-tips, Snuggle, Wisk, CK (one, be, contradiction, etc), Eternity, Obsession, Et-cetera.

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Axe/Tag commercials

yeah...that's true, but it's an advertising scheme that appeal towards guys....and i agree with u all..it's degrading to women...i guess that's just how that's commercial business works...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast