Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Axe/Tag commercials

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Axe/Tag commercials

I don't find them all that degrading, mostly just really stupid. If a guy believes this is going to land him a bunch of chicks jumping all over him, he needs a reality check.

If anything, beer commericals annoy me more then the Tag/Axe ones do. It always involves a bunch of stupid guys hanging out trying to score chicks. Especially the one's for I think its Molson Canadian with the stupid t-shirts that come in the box. They say stuff like "bikini-inspector" and stupid crap like that. Talking about aiming their product totally at one end of the spectrum. Do they not think girls don't drink beer? Maybe this is way so few do... I dunno, it just bugs me. Sorta seems sexist in a way.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

I think they are a little degrading but nothing serious. I mean if I was a woman I'd be like man these commercials are retarded but there are also plenty of products out there that are just as grading to men. It works both ways but I mean its whatever, they havent over stepped any boundaries with any I've seen.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

If you think it's degrading then you gotta be stupid, because everyone knows regardless of age, gender, skin color etc. they all know woman would not dive around in a super market. The point of those commercials is to be funny. And yes I did buy the soap one, cuz it did smell nice, and I was a dirty boy who wanted to be clean.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

They're all stupid but in a good natured and humorous way, it's fairly obvious that these commercials are not meant to be taken seriously, if a guy truly beleives that women will maul & trample him just by wearing a certain deoderant.. he needs to have his head checked.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Two points:
    1. some women respond to certain scents. this does not in any way mean that they dive across the store or any such nonsence. It does mean that you may get a girls attention if your smell appeals to her. They (scents) can also be a good ice breaker, more than once I have been appraoched by ladies because they wanted to know what I was wearing.
    2. So you guys are saying that there are no bras or horse whips in the Axe body wash bottles. I'm crushed!

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    If you think it's degrading then you gotta be stupid, because everyone knows regardless of age, gender, skin color etc. they all know woman would not dive around in a super market. The point of those commercials is to be funny. And yes I did buy the soap one, cuz it did smell nice, and I was a dirty boy who wanted to be clean.
    Well I wouldnt call anyone stupid for their opinion, but anyone that thinks these commercials are offensive obviously just want to find something to complain about. Kind of reminds me of those people like the lady who got rich off hot McDonald's coffee. Always someone out there that has a complaint.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    When are we going to see a comercial of guys throwing themselves at women because they wore the stuff?
    We won't, cuz then with the double standard we have with this society, the woman is now labeled as "slutty."

Quote Originally Posted by The King of Fashion
    Old Spice doesn't use any of that perverted advertising, and it's still good.
    aH-HA! YOURE WRONG!! There's this one where this dude was showering and he hallucinated where he was working at the pool look at this hot white chick. Then turns out his mom was yelling at him to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore
    Trust me fellows...Old Spice is the fragrence women like.
    And I tried old spice too btw, AND IT DIDN'T WORK!!! though I did feel refreshed every morning.

finally, why I think people find those commercial interesting. 1) Maybe because it's quite humorous. and 2) That "uuunnnhhhh~~" sound at the end of the commercial.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5