Thread: Background /Theme changing on restart

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks

Background /Theme changing on restart

I dunno, ..what set it off, but I just want to figure out how to maintain my background wallpaper without it resetting on me everytime I restart or shutdown.
    It goes to a defualt Windows wallpaper, like the clouds and the green hill deal O_o

LAME.

I have no clue how I can keep a wallpaper to stick.. it's even became such a problem, that it won't keep any custom setting I have. I have to go as far as to making Themes >__< ouch

if anyone could help, or have had this problem, please answer back... it's just so annoying, thanks ^__^* !
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Background /Theme changing on restart

Grumble Grumble Grumble

It's sounds like your trying to use a temp file for a wallpaper back ground. When you've downloaded a image in your browser, don't just right click and set it as your background. Instread, save the image AS A FILE. Once saved, then you can double click on the file, then right click to apply as the background/wallpaper...

If you already have a large number of JPEG files to use as wallpaper, (like I do), then I would suggest using the Official Microsoft Wallpaper Changer utility, as it's the most stable application I've found for changing wallpapers on XP...
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks

Re: Background /Theme changing on restart

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

It's sounds like your trying to use a temp file for a wallpaper back ground.

Well, it's not just the wallpaper, it's all the settings I have (like the fonts, etc) for XP windows and icons on the desktop... I have always saved a JPEG wallpaper, never just 'set as desktop background' from online. I dunno, I guess I'll figure it out one day.

Nothing sticks! Not even where I put my desktop icons...
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...