Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Backstabbing? What do you think?

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Backstabbing? What do you think?

First off sorry if this is in the wrong forum lol

What do you think about people that backstabb others. Have you been on the backstabbing end or the one that got backstabbed?

One of my rescent stories.
    I was working on this one website for about 6 months. as the tech admin. because Im the only coder on the site that know what to do to install hacks. So, A few weeks ago the other 2 admins. ask me to install a hack JUST FOR THE ADMINS to view PM's. Which I think is an ivation of privicy on their part. So I get deadmin for not doing the hack install. So I find out today that they got someone else to do it and now is admin. Do you think this is a form of backstabbing and what should I do about it. I am still a staff member Smod but I helped found this site as well I installed the board did all the updates and what not to the board.

My problem is what should I do work more on my site and get it up and going again, and start being more active on boards I like and forget about that site. or try talking to the staff members.

Newbie KAMI may be famous one day KAMI may be famous one day KAMI's Avatar
    Thanks
    personally,if they would drop you over something as futile as that,let it go. It shows that they were using you for your abilities (which are damn cool abilities ) and not for your personality,if they're gonna be jerks.screw it. they dont deserve your time and patience.
    hope that helped

-K#A#M#I

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    If you don't want to do the hack you just don't do it, you made the right decision.
    When you're one of the working founders, the other admins shouldn't have the power to kill you off.

Newbie DarkRyu may be famous one day DarkRyu may be famous one day DarkRyu's Avatar
    Thanks
    You did the right thing.
    And you should talk to the stuff members.

Reading pm's is really invasion of ones privacy
    and this is a serious problem.

Correct me if I am wrong -
    if there are pm's, there is a some sort of society.
    therefore, if that society finds out, that their
    private information is not private anymore...
    well, in short, that site would lose the trust of it's
    comunity.
    the site would lose its face and popularity.
    and I think you know what that meens...

Newbie Fourth Angel may be famous one day Fourth Angel may be famous one day Fourth Angel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Do what you think is right......and and I think you've made a right decisions.

Silence Sometimes Is The Best Words Ever Spoken

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Firstly, your refusal to install that hack for them was correct =)

If the site you helped build is that important for you, fight for it. Talk to the admins and demand an answer. Keep in mind that they prob won't answer you. But also keep in mind that you have a wild card in your hand. Imagin what the community would do if they found out that their PMs were being read by admins?? I know I wouldn't be happy.

But if you think you could make a site just as cool, without their help, start one up yourself. But I still think members need to know if their privacy is at risk. Those people obviously don't have the same morals and standards as you....if you think that's enough to break off the partnership then go ahead, ditch them. I don't think you'll be very happy sticking with them in the long run ^^
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Backstab happens a lot in the real world esp. the working places. Unless you keep your stand, you'll be stabbed so fast, you won't even realise it. You have done what's right, and should be proud of it
    Fi5th Column
    ----
    Thx to Trunks for this wonderful sig~.
    ----

Newbie bone may be famous one day bone may be famous one day bone's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree with everyone else. What you did was right. In fact, if they demote you for taking that stance, then that's somewhere that you want to be. Having been a founder of the site, I would hope that the others could have respected your opinion and your decision and not felt the need to get rid of you.

Poor team play on their part.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast