Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ban and Abolish the weapons of mass destruction

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks

Ban and Abolish the weapons of mass destruction

Just read a very interesting artical on mainich, its about letters from albert einstin himself read the story http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20050...dm015000c.html

I hope people do stop these weapons one day but its not very likely to happen is it.Jan

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks
    Interesting story.

I simply put think ALL weapons should be abolished and destroyed.

Newbie algorithm may be famous one day algorithm may be famous one day
    Thanks

Post a-bombs..

unfortunately, there will always be weapons - in one form or another...though i agree that weapons that obliterate "life" we could do far better without; it's primitive, especially playing with radioactivity..

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    very interesting read indeed....

My opinions on the matter stand similar to what Algorithm said.

We will always have weapons as long as humans have a need and want for them. The most primitive of weapons is a human's bear hands. A stone, a stick, an animal, etc etc are all weapons as long as someone puts them to use as such.

This brings us to the point...weapons are what humans make them to be. A nuclear bomb is just a decaying hunk of junk until someone blows it up. A gun is another piece of metal until someone pulls the trigger. Oh and to the point, the gun doesn't kill, it's the bullet within the gun. A rock doesn't throw itself at something spontaneously...a pencil is just a writing tool until someone stabs it into someone else. As long as people and society as a whole feels the need for weapons, they will exist. Destroying all things nuclear, or gun like, or knife like will not solve the problem. The problem lies with human kind, not with non-living matter which we make to be weapons.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree, but the presence of guns and atomics bomb eases their use.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    A little realism.

The world has always been run by those with the best weapon technology.

First the stirrups, then the English longbow, the cannon, the gun, and so-on and so-forth. The winner in a war is not the one with the overwelming numbers but the better weapons.

The best defense is a good offense. Or in other words, if my weapons are better then your weapons you won't attack me. If you short change your countries weapon technology development you set your country up for a fall.

Yes, the a-bomb is a terrible weapon of devestating effect. However because of it's development further technology has been built upon it's foundation that now allow us to fight wars dirrectly against governments and militaries without involving the general populace. It used to be if you went to war you had to take out the entire country, one person at a time. Now we have strategic, surgical strikes. For the first time in history war can be an occurance between the elite not the people. The number of dead in strategic operations are at an all time low. Historians are quite plainly, shocked.

The real question isn't whether we need the weapons but who you trust to have them?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Weapons of any kind will never be gone, even in China when the pesants tried to defend themselves they used farm tools, not "weapons" and they would even hide fighting techinques in dance.
    I concur with many of the posts above, weapons will never be gone, until humans learn to trust each other. And that ain't happening for a long long time as far as I see it.

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks
    Theoretically, weapons don't kill people, people kill people.

To get rid of weapons, you'd have to get rid of people. As long as there are people to think up the weapons and ways to use them, they can never be abolished.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast