View Poll Results: Should we ban manga in public schools?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (we know where you live...)

2 6.67%
  • *shrugs* meh...

3 10.00%
  • NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

15 50.00%
  • Must destroy all censors!! GARGH!!!

10 33.33%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban manga in public schools?

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks

Ban manga in public schools?

uh oh...

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/ne...14comics.shtml

this is not good.....

censors want to get their hands on manga....

i vote NO!!!!!

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Not really sure I see the big deal in having mangas in school. Are they killing people with them or something? First Huck Finn, now this, bah to the board of education you bunch of crazies. (Glad I'm in college haha)

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Honestly, I don't think they belong.

Schools are supposed to be a place of learning. Only these days they're more concerned with being popular and socially "molding" the children. Just for once I would like to see a public School base a decision on acadamia and learning. As someone who reads manga I love it, but I see no academic application of it.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Honestly, I don't think they belong.

Schools are supposed to be a place of learning. Only these days they're more concerned with being popular and socially "molding" the children. Just for once I would like to see a public School base a decision on acadamia and learning. As someone who reads manga I love it, but I see no academic application of it.
    I so agree I mean There is nothign "wrong" with it maybe between classes or what not but in class is wrong.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah its really got no place in the learning system....however i think manga would be great as an afterschool activity of some sort....perhaps drawing class or something like that would be fine....

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ah yes, Deering High School. I think I took the SAT's there once...

Anyway, you all will have to take that news story with a grain of salt. Southern Maine is a news-poor land. The Press Herald has the incredible ability to take a non-story and blow it out of proportion because there is just nothing else to talk about.

Also you need to realize that Maine (along with Vermont) is where East Coast extremists went to live after they realized they couldn't make a living being extremists. This poor, misguided soul represents the minority. The good folks of Greater Portland are much more open-minded than her. Of course she does go to Deering, which is probably half the problem right there...
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Even if they ban it....Students are still gonna bring it.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks
    I hate it when these people say that mangas are less important than "normal books" "with pages of text" and are just there to prepare people for the "next level" which are supposedly those "normal" books. It doesn't consider mangas as another artform, just as something minor to be put aside or just used for "reluctant readers"...

And I can tell you, from being a so big "normal" reader as manga reader, that some mangas have more morals, ask more questions and are cleverer than some books out there that are classified as the best of the "normal books"...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast