View Poll Results: Should we ban manga in public schools?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (we know where you live...)

2 6.67%
  • *shrugs* meh...

3 10.00%
  • NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

15 50.00%
  • Must destroy all censors!! GARGH!!!

10 33.33%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ban manga in public schools?

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    actually i find tha most teachers are like that.

well except for this one teacher that was really freaky. we had a guy in class that liked reading harlequin novels and she totaly blew up at him for it... but the girls in class read those books and she did absoulutly nothing.... :?

but thats another discussion... don't want to stray too far off topic...

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider2004
    OOC: please do vaines. i would be interested in a pshycological discussion on that subject. perhaps you could start another discussion thread on that as it would seem to fall somewhat outside the realm of this discussion...
    Well psychology can be found about everywhere in mangas/anime, so yes I think it might be interesting to discuss the subject.

Newbie Inuyashafan101 may be famous one day Inuyashafan101 may be famous one day Inuyashafan101's Avatar
    Thanks
    NOOOOO!!!They should never do that!1
    ANIME ROCKS

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    This is wat i have to say...not that i hate u guys and i think that all of you have agreed on the same concept over and over again...though i guess ill take the different side and side with the other side....=P

While i dont want the censors to go take them all out....i mean...i think its a good idea to keep them in a library...i find that in almost many cases...manga is another essential part of literature...it may sound crazy to u guys...but here is wat i am thinkin here...reading..in the beginning was there for personal enjoyment mostly but was also incorporated into english and english related topics...now i dont know about u but i find that manga is part of the literature group as it does exhibit all parts of a story plot such as the climax and what not...not only that..but manga is also (in my own thoughts) in some ways basic english...I mean..if u take out the pictures and illustrations of what not...its exactly like a book like the way shakespeare writes his playwrights is it not? I think they should keep it in the libraries although i think they should monitor the age acceptance..i dont mind that manga is in my library if i had one...though letting someone read and checking it out is a whole different story..i mean..im not gonna give a lido 5th grade student a 16+ aged manga and let him read it right off the bat..i mean..there are age restrictions and i am one that will respect that and give what manga to the right age group...the fact that manga is actually in libraries interests me because where im from...there is no such library around...if u were to read manga in some library related type store such as Barnes and Nobles..i wouldnt mind...i mean..its there for personal enjoyment and maybe even incorporated into english related subjects of what not...

On the plus side of getting them into libraries is the growing popularity for manga which thus might have an effect on the United States and thus promoting the translations of other mangas that have not yet come out in the America's...I for one would have to side with the librarians....if it disappoints any of you then sorry if i offended you..but everyone is entitled to their own reasonable opinion i think...and i think mine is reasonable enough for me to side with them

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaines

Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    I think it makes perfect sense to totally ban them. Look at Ranma...that manga subliminally teaches you to convert sexes.
    Perhaps, but it also lets people think and understand that they have a % of the opposite sex in them as part of their personality, if you wish to go into psychology, which can be very constructive.

I just noticed that someone took KenX's post seriously. What is up with that?
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I mean seriously...come on. Why would you even want to watch someone who magically converts sexes when he/she gets water dumped on him/her. It's just totally retarded.
    Last edited by KenX; Mar 29, 2005 at 03:13 PM.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    I mean seriously...come on. Why would you even want to watch someone who magically converts sexes when he/she gets water dumped on him/her. It's just totally etarded.
    we got all sorts of weird people in this world kenX, but yeah do ban ranma cuz even a kindergarten kid can get a hold of it at his/her local library

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Linksc24gc may be famous one day Linksc24gc may be famous one day Linksc24gc's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    Not really sure I see the big deal in having mangas in school. Are they killing people with them or something? First Huck Finn, now this, bah to the board of education you bunch of crazies. (Glad I'm in college haha)

LOL I hear ya, praise college *bows*

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast