Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Barry Bonds and his return to basball

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Barry Bonds and his return to basball

Ok, time for us sports fans to come up out of the darkenss.

I have this in the debate forum for a reason.

It's been rumored that Barry Bonds is going to make his return soon, if not next season. So, is this a good thing???

Do we want him back? Does baseball NEED him back at this point? Does he hurt baseball's image with all of the scandal surrounding him? And do we want to see Barry Bonds break the Home Run record?

All this and more, I'll save my points for later, let's see what ya'll have to bring to the table.

This is just one of the many sports debates I'm going to be starting soon. Keep a lookout.

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Barry Bonds and his return to basball

maybe barry bonds will come back (i hope)

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by name one
    maybe barry bonds will come back (i hope)
    Don't come here with that weak stuff. Bring some meat.

WHY do you hope he'll come back?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

One reason, I WANT A F-ing Championship in San Francisco

we haven't won since coming from NY

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    One reason, I WANT A F-ing Championship in San Francisco

we haven't won since coming from NY
    Since you live in SF, I want to ask you, how do the people there respond to Barry? Do most of the fans there really want this guy back, or do they just want him back thinking he can turn the team around?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

According to some folk, Barry is actually a good guy. The thing is he is just very blunt and says what is on his mind, and he's not very social that's all. But when you throw in his achievements then media like EPSN blows these kind of things wide open, saying he's a primma donna and such.

I don't know what the other people think, but personally I want Barry back only because he's interesting to watch and I really think he can turn the team around. We are constantly losing by 1-2 points, and we are missing his intentional walks.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

Pretty sure the majority of the Bay Area fans want him back I mean if you just look at attendance this year it's dropped dramatically as opposed to past years where they're sold our or close to doing so every home game. We love him not only for what he's done for the team but his superior abilities as well.

And like Michael Hollie said today, the fans love drama which is what he brings, he stirs up controversy and interest, and him coming back to prove that he produce the same numbers as he has in the recent past post-Balco will be huge since he's been the targeted athlete during the whole scandal. But even more importantly, I don't think you're going to find another baseball player where many people are going to stop what they're doing and actually pay attention to each at bat of his like with Barry. Everybody's always anxious to see whether he's going to crank outta the park.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skillzpay
    And like Michael Hollie said today, the fans love drama which is what he brings, he stirs up controversy and interest, and him coming back to prove that he produce the same numbers as he has in the recent past
    First off, I'd like to say it's good to see someone else who watches Around the Horn and Pardon the Interruption, other than me.

Secondly, I'm sure people from San Fran would like to see him back, but what about people all around the nation? At first, some reporters and journalists thought, that with all the scandals, and without Bonds, baseball would not survive. However, it's been quite the opposite. Ratings are up. More people are going to the games, and it's doing fine without him. Do we really want someone who's been under so much controversy to come back after everything has been dealt with?

Thirdly, look at it this way, he has two bad knees, he's old, can he even put up his numbers, without using any foreign drugs anyway?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast