Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Basketball game ends in a brawl.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Basketball game ends in a brawl.

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- Fists were flying. So were cups, plastic bottles and even a chair in one of the ugliest NBA brawls ever -- and Indiana's Ron Artest was right in the middle of it.

Artest and Stephen Jackson charged into the stands and fought with fans in the final minute of their game against the Detroit Pistons on Friday night, and the brawl forced an early end to the Pacers' 97-82 win.

Officials stopped the game with 45.9 seconds remaining after pushing and shoving between the teams spilled into the stands once fans got involved by throwing things at the players near the scorer's table.

"It's the ugliest thing I've seen as a coach or player," said Pistons coach Larry Brown, who was in the middle of the confrontation, trying to break it up.

After several minutes of players fighting with fans in the stands, a chair, beer, ice, and popcorn were thrown at the Pacers as they made their way to the locker room in one of the scariest brawls in an NBA game.

"I felt like I was fighting for my life out there," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said. "I'm sorry the game had to end this way."

Artest was struck by a cup and beverage thrown from the stands. He jumped up, and charged into the stands, throwing punches as he climbed over seats.

Fans were punching back, and Jackson and another teammate joined Artest in the melee.

"I was worried about Stephen Jackson and Artest, as silly as they were acting," Brown said.

Later, a man in a Pistons jersey approached Artest on the court, shouting at him. Artest punched him in the face, knocking the man to the floor before leaving the court. Artest was pulled away, and the fan charged back. Jermaine O'Neal stepped in and punched the man.

"The NBA is withholding comment until it can review the incident," NBA spokesman Tim Frank said.
    Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=241119008

Ok, so, who's to blame here?

I, for one, think that the whole mess escalated because of the fans. Although Artest jumped into the seats to take down a guy, no one should have been throwing cups, or anything at anyone. I stand on the side of the players, I believe the fans and the NBA (for allowing fans such freedom to touch the players) are to blame for this.

This is one of the worst things to happen in sports. I saw this as it happened last night, I also saw a bewildered dad holding on to his daughter tightly, and an old man on the floor, protected by a circle of people around him, as the fight continued. I believe every fan who threw anything, or provoked the fight should be charged in some way, and the NBA should increase security in their games. I also believe a public apology of some sort is needed.

As for the players, Artest, Jackson, O'neal, and Wallace are supsended indefinitely.
    Last edited by Silverskater145; Nov 20, 2004 at 04:26 PM.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah, unfortunately for me I didn't actually get to see it live

but my friend told me about it, and I was like what's new between Artest and Wallace

All three parties were at fault, fans can verbal assault but should not throw stuff, Pistons and Pacers should not punch fans

well, at least now Artest can market his rap albums pshh

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    i wish i could find a video of that

The end is important in all things.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenOne
    Yeah, that would be sweet...

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenOne
    I gaurantee that this story won't die for the next week or so. Just watch Espn's sportcenter, or any of your local news.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    It was quite a spectacle. I had just walked into the Applebee's resturaunt last night with my brother and sum friends and as soon as we got there we saw it on the tv's. I mean....damn.....really a horrible event. We made countless Streets of Rage & Street Fighter refrences all night while eating. It seemed the appropriate thing to do.

Newbie Nemontine89 may be famous one day Nemontine89 may be famous one day Nemontine89's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, I saw that live yesterday and today on tape from ESPN, it looked crazy, chairs were all over the place.
    I think everybody should be held accountable for their actions, the fans, cuz if you're angry, that still doesn't give you a right to throw cups at people, and if Artest wants to keep his fans, he really shouldn't be punching fans.

I wuv me my gumbies XD

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks
    I saw it on ESPN this morning. I think it was the fans fault because he threw a cup of beer, I believe, on Artest. ALso, when the PAcers were leaving the court and going under the tunnel into their lockers, a lot of the fans started throwing food and beverages at them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast