Thread: BAttle Angel Movie directed by James Cameron

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks

BAttle Angel Movie directed by James Cameron

During an interview on NPR he mentions directing the movie, with live-action-3D and 2D. Do you think he has what it take to pull it offf, not offend fans, and make it look good?

I'm not sure. He's good with the value of production but story/script wise, he's not that great. I didn't like titanic, and dark angel the series was pathetic. And these days can you really trust a hollywood production to treat an adaptation with care?

here's a link to the story on another site

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=5804

Newbie teh s uck may be famous one day teh s uck may be famous one day teh s uck's Avatar
    Thanks
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't this been sort of Cameron's pet project? Given the history of pet projects in Hollywood (e.g., Battlefield Earth, Treasure Planet), this makes me very nervous that it's going to totally suck.

BTW, this may be a movie franchise were talking about. i found this Cameron quote from 2003:

Cameron says, "The issue is will it be the next film, or will it be the one after the next film? That's really all there is to it at this point. We've done a tremendous amount of design for the film, we're fine-tuning the script, it's just a matter of time." As for the movie itself, "Motorball might find its way more into the second film - I definitely want to do more than one film. I want to create a world and a character that can go through at least one more film, possibly more. And that's not just for the classic financial reasons, it's just that I think there's a possibility for a real mythology here, so I feel that this is a good canvas to do something big that's got more scope."
    Although this is the studio's call, if this is the case, then the chances that the Battle Angel movie would be good increase, since the temptation to cram the whole story into a 2 (ok, with Cameron, 3 or 4) hour movie would be gone.