Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Battle Royale: The Manga, The Movie, A Comparison...

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Battle Royale: The Manga, The Movie, A Comparison...

Well, you know what they say...The book is always better! But I hope you don't mind a long read; if I remember correctly, the novel was close to 700 pages. But it goes quick, because the action is non-stop.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

True, yeah I've read longer, length is never an issue when it comes to good books for me, being an English major and all. Anywho, are the characters pretty much the same or are there a bunch of different ones?

Otaku Karn may be famous one day Karn may be famous one day Karn's Avatar
    Thanks

The one thing I found annoying about the book (Viz brought it out, by the way) is that they mixed up character names a couple times (like two times maybe). For example, a scene with Kawada:

In this scene, it should say like "Kawada makes some tea" or whatever, but instead it says "Kiriyama makes some tea" (and Kiriyama is nowhere in the scene or anything). That isn't the exact scene or wording, but I guess you get the idea. Small mistakes like that...kind of nitpicky, and I didn't notice it until a friend pointed it out, but still.

Anywho, are the characters pretty much the same or are there a bunch of different ones?
    The student characters are the same as in the manga, basically. Same names and basic characteristics, etc...there are a couple of minor (and a few major) differences though.
    Last edited by Karn; Jul 14, 2005 at 03:48 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2