Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: been out the loop please help

Newbie BlackDeath may be famous one day BlackDeath may be famous one day BlackDeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    When he said "Lord of the Rings type" i was generally thinking of epic war anime's, which are come to think of it not too many. Peacemaker comes to mind though. Ninja Resurection/scroll as mentioned by another member is a good classic i think, i would recomend that. DO NOT, I REPEAT - DO NOT TOUCH REAL BOUT HIGHSCHOOL: SAMURAI GIRL.... EVER!!

Most of the notable ones have already been mentioned so i'll only be reposting what the others have said.. like Kenshin. Also look into Yotoden, a old classic but still an amazing one at that ^^;

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Have you tried Rave? Rave is all fantasy, swords and sorcery but if you’re very particular with character development, then I wouldn’t suggest it.
    I'm also in search of a good sword and sorcery anime, and when I'm expecting sword fights, I'm demanding real pumping action, speed, and great moving swords, even more action than what Rurouni Kenshin had to offer! I love swords and fantasy, but so far, I've never watched an anime that has satisfied me under this genre. I'm about to watch the Vision of Escaflowne, and I'm expecting great battle scenes there, and after learning that Yoko Kanno is the anime's composer, it may just be what I'm looking for, but I can't be sure yet!

Newbie BlackDeath may be famous one day BlackDeath may be famous one day BlackDeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eleonne
    Have you tried Rave? Rave is all fantasy, swords and sorcery but if you’re very particular with character development, then I wouldn’t suggest it.
    I'm also in search of a good sword and sorcery anime, and when I'm expecting sword fights, I'm demanding real pumping action, speed, and great moving swords, even more action than what Rurouni Kenshin had to offer! I love swords and fantasy, but so far, I've never watched an anime that has satisfied me under this genre. I'm about to watch the Vision of Escaflowne, and I'm expecting great battle scenes there, and after learning that Yoko Kanno is the anime's composer, it may just be what I'm looking for, but I can't be sure yet!
    Gah, you should watch Escaflowne, you must, i comand you two! That was one of my all time fav ones, i own the entire series on DVD and it's amazing. But i'm glad that you mentioned Yoko Kanno though, unlike loads of posts i read over various other forums "i like Escaflwone cause it's cool" i mean... wtf kind of reply is that!? Also if you're getting the original one then you'll have the J-Pop artist Maaya Sakamoto as Hitomi's voice actor and she also is the one who sings the opening theme.

And some more animes to recomend, that's if you want one that's more comedy, then try Slayers and Rune Soldier.

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDeath
    Gah, you should watch Escaflowne, you must, i comand you two! That was one of my all time fav ones, i own the entire series on DVD and it's amazing. But i'm glad that you mentioned Yoko Kanno though, unlike loads of posts i read over various other forums "i like Escaflwone cause it's cool" i mean... wtf kind of reply is that!? Also if you're getting the original one then you'll have the J-Pop artist Maaya Sakamoto as Hitomi's voice actor and she also is the one who sings the opening theme.
    Yoko Kanno is a genius composer, and I'm a big fan of his music, especially in Arjuna - his music there can only do so much emphasis on the action and battle scenes, making it all the more exciting! Oh yeah, Escaflowne and Arjuna was made by the same creator, and after witnessing Arjuna's battle scenes, Escaflowne became a must-watch for me. I already heard the opening song by Sakamoto and have watched the opening sequence along with it, and it took my breath away. The images were great indeed! And if i'm not mistaken, Sakamoto did the voice over of Hitomi and sang the song when she was fifteen.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eleonne
    Yoko Kanno is a genius composer, and I'm a big fan of his music, especially in Arjuna - his music there can only do so much emphasis on the action and battle scenes, making it all the more exciting! Oh yeah, Escaflowne and Arjuna was made by the same creator, and after witnessing Arjuna's battle scenes, Escaflowne became a must-watch for me. I already heard the opening song by Sakamoto and have watched the opening sequence along with it, and it took my breath away. The images were great indeed! And if i'm not mistaken, Sakamoto did the voice over of Hitomi and sang the song when she was fifteen.
    Well that i didn't know, what ayoung age to start. Yoko Kanno is an amazing composer, though i don't have to much of his work except for the Escaflowne OST and maybe some random other tracks. 'Dance of Curse' is my most fav piece for Escaflowne, the track you usually hear in the battle scenes and when something happens to Escaflowne, i can just feel the emotion of battle when i hear that track, drawing me into then action even further.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    DEfintly berzerk... plus read the manga... it may be expensive but it's worth every cent.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku whitec may be famous one day whitec may be famous one day whitec's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'd recommend Samurai Champloo,The classic Rourouni Kenshin, maybe a funny slapstick comedy puni puni poemy or popotan that ones out there in terms of wackyness.
    Last edited by whitec; Mar 22, 2005 at 12:59 PM.
    Looking forward to Burst Angel Vol. 3

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    hey hows it goin? welcome to the site by the way....for the type of anime your looking for, you can't go wrong with Lodoss Wars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast