Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Berserk

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks

Berserk

the ending of this anime got me so upset that i had to go out and get the manga.. i ended up reading all the volumes through 27. still a great manga too, cant wait till vol. 28 comes out.

The end is important in all things.

Otaku shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    omg you suck! I was so going to not read this... err.
    Damn I just clicked to fast...
    F**k

lol, j/k, but yea manga was good.

Otaku Karn may be famous one day Karn may be famous one day Karn's Avatar
    Thanks
    The Berserk manga is one of my favorites. Serpico is the man.

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Karn
    The Berserk manga is one of my favorites. Serpico is the man.

Eh.. he's alright. My interest in that series goes straight to the obvious. Gatts is by far one of the greatest hero's ever created. I dont think ive ever seen anyone endure more than him in an anime.. if he were real he would deserve more respect than i have to give.

heh, k that's taking it a bit far, but you get my point.

Thanks
    Guts is definetly one of my favorite manga protagonists, right after Sakuragi Hanamichi from Slam Dunk...but I like to follow the less major characters as well (Serpico, Judeau). Of course the series is going to focus on Guts, but luckily it switches to other characters to keep him from getting stale (so it isn't "all Guts, all the time").

Thanks
    tru. speaking of other characters, i always had a question about Griffith. His whole reason behind the big Band of the Hawks sacrifice was that he would not give up his dream right?
    But the fact of the matter is that it doesn't at all have anything to do with why he raped caska... which i believe is pretty much the single most important reason for Guts's hatred of him. Whenever they encounter Griffith seems to conveniently ignore that fact. I would even respect Griffith for his decision that long time ago if it hadn't been for that damned rape.

Thanks
    Griffith is a pretty interesting character, very ambitious. I'm also unclear about the whole Femto/Caska thing.

Griffith never really paid much attention to Caska during the series, but he must have realized how much she loved him. I think it is sort of like, even though this sounds very weird, how a child has a toy but doesn't play with it. When another kid comes along and tries to play with the kids toy, the kid wants it back...After Griffith is rescued, he notices how close Guts and Caska have become, and wants Caska "back". Maybe he was trying to teach Guts not to overstep his bounds or something like that...to show how he (Griffith) will always be the leader of the Hawks. Or maybe he just wanted both of them to suffer. *shrugs*

But yeah, I think Gut's hatred stems mainly from what is done to Caska, as well as how Griffith betrayed and crushed all the "small dreams" of the Hawk members to fufill his dream.

Even though Griffith seems untouchable now, I still remember early in the series when the exact same thing happened, and then Guts turned the tables and beat Griffith in the swordmatch. I can't wait to see that happen again.

Thanks
    I have the feeling that both of them will die at the end of this series.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast