Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Best action sequence!

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Best action sequence!

Another good one i almost forgot about was a scene from Blood the Last Vampire in which Saya walks right into the nurses office at school... then hacks the girl to bits right in front of the nurse. It wasn't exactly an action scene considering how short it was, but it's just so intense and abrupt that it satisfied me more than most action scenes that are a thousand times longer.
    Last edited by narrator; Nov 13, 2005 at 01:11 AM.

Newbie Kali_Yuga may be famous one day Kali_Yuga may be famous one day Kali_Yuga's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm... this is a difficult one, there are so many good anime action scenes that I like.. yet one of my top ten at least after what I remember is actually of the anime Prince of Tennis when Ryoma Echizen plays against Rikkaidais nr.1 Sanada whatever -kun....

Newbie hitokirijaywho may be famous one day hitokirijaywho may be famous one day hitokirijaywho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    So it's only anime action scenes?
    I'm not going into space combat right now with Macross etc.

Just a simple one on one battle, perhaps even the greatest one on one battle ever in an anime.

Saitou Hajime vs. Kenshin Himura/Hitokiri Battousai
    Great emotion, awesome fighting and two evenly matched opponents.
    Saitou vs. Kenshin rocked, bleach has some good fight scenes, Zaraki vs. Komamura inside his bankai and Zaraki is trying to think like his subordinates. Ghost in the shell opening scene when she jumped off the building was good, Ninja scroll final battle in the bottom of the boat, and least we not forget the Escaflowne Movie where Van attacks the sky ship in the opening.

Oooo Macross, i would say the best macross combat scenes came from Macross: do you remember love,... though macross Plus and macross zero came very very very close.

The Reason i would say MYRL would win out, is when Myria <sp> first comes on the scene during the Female Power armor assult on the Male battle cruiser, she punches through the face plate of the male power armor, you see the close up of the fore-arm guns in front of the male Zentraedi's face, then she fires,
    then another male power armor was in the air and started firing down on her so she uses the dead male power armor's body as a human body shield, returns fire the next scene you see the hips only portion of the male power armor fall to the ground in the distance, then you see the top half of the body hit the ground in front of the camera where she stomps on his head crushing it.

And least we not forget Roy Folker's Sacrifice in order to save his Subordinates and his last stand against the Male Zentraedi power armor.

HitokiriJaywho
    Please forgive my spelling,.. i have only one thing to say,....
    "Me fail English??? Thats unpossible!" -Ralph Wiggum

Newbie Myojin-Kenji may be famous one day Myojin-Kenji may be famous one day Myojin-Kenji's Avatar
    Thanks

Let see...I think I'll use some recent animes.

First Episode of "Karas" - A blend a smooth CG/Anime transitions for a battle in mid-air
    Every Fight in FF:AC - Enough Said `=p
    Full Metal Panic TSR - 12/13th Episode Souske and the Sisters in their mechs.
    Bleach - Tough but a certain upcoming battle between a certian Orange Haired Shinagami and a certian Shinagami captian (Partly known because of the manga)
    Black Cat - First Episode Squence

Thats all that I can think of at the moment.

Newbie sonic_ver2 may be famous one day sonic_ver2 may be famous one day sonic_ver2's Avatar
    Thanks

FF VII AC fights (probably all)
    Bleach - Ichigo vs Byakuya

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

I dunno whether i should pick one from Shadow Skills or Dragon Ball Z or Samurai X coz all of them are good.

DGB Z had some of the longest fights ever while kenshin had some wicked fights.

Arrrggghh all of them are good

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Huhm, I agree with Len, most - if not all - of the action sequences in R.O.D. and R.O.D. TV kicked major ass.

Personally, I liked the action sequences in Gunslinger Girl the most. The first episode, where Henrietta bashes a terrorist in the face with her violin case and then kills the rest of the people in the room... awesome. That series had lots of good fights in it.

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay, before I say anything, let me set one thing as ground work : There are too many to think of or list.

There's the two episodes of Burst Angel called 'The Brother Die At Dawn Parts I and II'. It was jam packed with action, whether it was the girls cruising along side the train or Meg with Liang (Sorry if I spelled his name wrong .^_^.)

Then there is the Revolutionary Girl Utena Series. The duel scenes are intense and so are the instances that lead up to the duel...the culmination of what is to come and the development of the characters end up in an explosion (you could say) when everything comes to light in the duel. One, for example, if Mikage vs. Utena. You feel for him, even though there is just so much that is going on.

Hmm, I'll end with a third just for good measure. R.O.D. the OVA. Of course the whole thing is great action, but Nancy vs. Nancy...amazing.

(Of course, I could mention Metropolis, Princess Nine, King of Bandit Jing, FLCL, but I'll leave those three as the best .^_^.)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast