Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Mecha Series

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Robotech ... YEAHHHHH!!
    Go gundam ... but not sd gundam
    That'd be the best 2 too me
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeFreaks
    Evangelion? The evas aren't even robots. (srry for spoiling but now u been warned if it is a spoiler..) Evas are angels inside some armor.
    LOL But most of the animes mentioned don't have any robots in them then, because even giant robots like Mazinger Z and Voltes V, even the Robotechology Mecha of the Macross series, and even Gundam....all of these have pilots/mechjocks on board! They are not autonomous machines!

Thus the only true autonomous robots I know in any anime series would be the ones in Ghost in the Shell and Mezzo Forte and Butobi CPU (err, that is if you consider a fuly-articulated, sophisticated AI love doll a robot hehehe)!

But the topic is about mecha and by definition it refers to a machine piloted by a person, that enhances that person's mobility, firepower and strength. So my vote goes to none other than the anime series which first coined and defined the term...

ROBOTECH

-RODION
    Last edited by Rodion; Jan 04, 2005 at 09:56 PM.
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Otaku AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodion
    LOL But most of the animes mentioned don't have any robots in them then, because even giant robots like Mazinger Z and Voltes V, even the Robotechology Mecha of the Macross series, and even Gundam....all of these have pilots/mechjocks on board! They are not autonomous machines!

Thus the only true autonomous robots I know in any anime series would be the ones in Ghost in the Shell and Mezzo Forte and Butobi CPU (err, that is if you consider a fuly-articulated, sophisticated AI love doll a robot hehehe)!

But the topic is about mecha and by definition it refers to a machine piloted by a person, that enhances that person's mobility, firepower and strength. So my vote goes to none other than the anime series which first coined and defined the term...

ROBOTECH

-RODION
    Hah... Your right. Guess i was a lil too harsh on Evangelion due to the fact that it left me with horrible endings that i just wanted to strangle the living life out of each and everyone one of it.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would have to go with Vandread. I really like that series and its just good ^_^

Tem
    Otaku Darts - 301 Champion, Chopper2 Champion Tem may be famous one day Tem may be famous one day Tem's Avatar
    Thanks
    man... i totally forgot about evangelion and robotech... i guess there the top 1 and 2 for me, the robotech saga was just awesome, and that guy max sterling i think that's was his name, was just an awesome pilot... i feel bad for minmei tho in the ending

"Tama-chan! "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2