Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: is it better to outline and draw inward or to draw from top to bottom fully

Newbie blakkinferno may be famous one day blakkinferno may be famous one day
    Thanks

is it better to outline and draw inward or to draw from top to bottom fully

I was just wondering due to the fact that im really new at anime drawing and i want to kno which ways of drawing work better

So...
    Do you think its better to make an outline and fill in details from there or just draw completely from top to bottom?

------------------------------------------
    | |
    |PLEASE REPLY! |
    -----------------------------------------

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmmm..i would usually start with the body then to the arms and legs, then the head...either that or head to bottom....and in some cases i start from the bottom up...i cant really seem to work from inside to out most of the time...its kinda hard for me ^^;;

Otaku Kira may be famous one day Kira may be famous one day Kira's Avatar
    Thanks
    outline first... well... still it depends on what u want to do...
    to "copy" an image, I perfer to do it completely from top to bottom.
    If you want to creat an character of your own, I perfer to draw the outline first.

But everyone has their own ways to doing thing. I'd say that you should use the method
    which you are most comfortable with. Then again, practice makes it perfect ^^

good luck

Newbie Solid may be famous one day Solid may be famous one day Solid's Avatar
    Thanks
    I like to sketch, I start from hair to head, and so on, but sometimes I like to trace, but I mean, it doesn't matter, people have their own ways to draw.^_^

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, both actually. As a general rule in art, you work from top to bottom, but you'll also need some kind of frame to work from.

You should always just find a method that suits you, but most people start with the frame from head to toe, then work on the details after that by the same guideline.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Newbie Solid may be famous one day Solid may be famous one day Solid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sib
    Well, both actually. As a general rule in art, you work from top to bottom, but you'll also need some kind of frame to work from.

You should always just find a method that suits you, but most people start with the frame from head to toe, then work on the details after that by the same guideline.
    Yeah, thats what I do, but then if it's really hard to draw I just um....trace..

Otaku AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks's Avatar
    Thanks
    For me... I start out by building the basic shapes... For example.... The head, i make a almost visable circle. Shoulders, circles. And so on and so forth. Make a "skeleton" to see where i'm going with the drawing. Then i connect everything together. Then add in details. Then darken the lines. Then use black ink. Then erase the pencil lines that are still there. *SIGHS* man that was tough.

Newbie Niku may be famous one day Niku may be famous one day Niku's Avatar
    Thanks
    er... I go all over the place when I draw. ~lol I start sketching the head then the body and clean it up as I go. You shouldn't 'finish' one part of the image before another because then if it doesn't work out, you'll have to go back and change the part you already finished, which can be very frustrating. So it's best to work on it all as a whole, imo.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast