Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Between family and friend?

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

Between family and friend?

If you had a friend and give you my money and you promise to pay him or her back but, your family has money problems and you can't pay your friend back because of your family's money problem. Your friend is asking for the money and you can't pay him or her back and if him or her is going to sue you. how would you feel and why?
    Last edited by name one; Jul 27, 2005 at 07:25 PM.

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Between family and friend?

Well first, I don't think your friend would sue because he/she is your friend, and friends don't usually do that. Second, I'm sure the friend will be reasonable, and wait patiently for his/her retern of the loan, no matter how long it takes because the friend would know of this situation. But if they were to pressure, and sue me, I would kick his/(not her though, just yell if it's a she) butt, and tell them my situation.
    Last edited by The King of Fashion; Jul 27, 2005 at 07:29 PM.
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

well, first off I find it a bit amusing seeing King of Fashions sig and the topic at hand but thats beside the point.

I would think that if the amount of money in question is not that much, your friend could not sue mainly because the court would throw out the case on grounds that the amount is too small and it would be wasting the courts time. Plus it depends on your ages too, if you are in your teens, then the court would also throw it out. However, if you are over 18 or the amount is substantial or you have signed a legally binding contract then he can sue you and you may lose.

As far as your money problems go, be straightforward with your friend about why you cannot pay him back. Tell him of your problems; also think about how your family got into this situation and correct it as soon as possible; if its something you could have controlled, then you need to think about how your family spends its money, however, if you got or your parents got laid off then that is an understandable case. Also, in the future think about how much you are borrowing and if possible just do not do it. My advice is be straightforward and talk to him.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie GuardianAngel1292 may be famous one day GuardianAngel1292 may be famous one day GuardianAngel1292's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face Re: Between family and friend?

I can really relate to this because it is happening to my family my aunt was about to take us to court because we owed her 1000 dollars and so we didn't want to go to court and we had an agreement that we would pay 100 dollars a month for ten months...and when I heard all about this it hurt me because she didn't tell us in person she made her lawyer send us a letter she wrote...and I felt kind of mad because it was like I really didn't know her..so I turned around and did the same thing back..I wrote her a letter saying how I felt and I was pretty mad so it didn't turn out well....I haven't talked to her in maybe 6 months ive tried calling her but she never answers the phone. oh well she's not really a big part of my life and ive got plenty of more aunts...(always think of the glass half full instead of half empty).

Newbie obliteration may be famous one day obliteration may be famous one day obliteration's Avatar
    Thanks

In the situation that my friend was uninformed, I would fill him / her in and promise to repay said friend as soon as I possibly could. In the situation that my friend already knew of my financial plight, I would think my friend an ass, and promptly tell him / her to forget the money.

[ Romans 1:6: And you are included among those Gentiles who have been called to belong to Jesus Christ. ]

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

I could never possibly get into such a situation, because I don't take debts.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

That s a confusing situation. I would say to my friend screw you.

Otaku fangirl006 may be famous one day fangirl006 may be famous one day fangirl006's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't understand. How much money, exactly, did your friend give to you? Is this a close friend of yours, and if so, than wouldn't he/she know that your family has money/debt problems? If your friend didn't give you that much money, why would he want to sue you? What the hell is up with that? What kind of friend would do that?

I've got an idea! Why don't you give your friend a few post-dated checks? Slowly, but surely, you'll give your friend all the money that you owe him! That'd be a good idea...
    Last edited by fangirl006; Jul 31, 2005 at 04:31 PM.
    "Who's in the forest strolling? The birds and the bees sing Momeji. The frogs in the pond are calling. Momeji yes it's true..."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast