Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Biggest NBA trade in history

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

The Biggest NBA trade in history

I've been relatively lazy about posting more sport stories, but this one deserves a thread.

Hours away from signing Shaq to a 5 year, 100 million dollar deal, Pat Riley somehow slithered up a 13-player deal involving 5 teams.

Here is the trade:

Miami gets: Antoine Walker (From Celtics); Andre Emmett, Jason Williams, and James Posey (From Grizzlies); draft rights of Robert Duanas (From Hornets)

Boston gets: Curtis Borchardt (From Utah); Qyntel Woods (From Miami); draft rights to Albert Miralles (From Unknown); 2 second round draft picks and money

Memphis gets: Eddie Jones (From Heat); Raul Lopez (From Utah)

New Orleans gets: Rasual Butler (From Heat); Kirk Snyder (From Utah)

Utah gets: Greg Ostertag (From Memphis)

First of all, let me state that Pat Riley is one sly mofo to have been able to pull this off.

On to the debate.. Clearly Miami got the best of everyone in this trade, only losing some average players like Woods, Butler, and aging Jones. How Pat Riley managed to do this is beyond me.

Did the Heat really need this overhaul? They were 2 injuries away from being in the Finals, now they overhauled their team for talent, and we all know not talent ALONE can give you a championship.

Can this new Miami team learn to share the ball? We already had Shaq and Wade carrying the team. Shaq even complained about not getting the ball in the playoffs at the end of the game. Now we have Walker and Williams, both who like to shoot and handle the ball, what's going to happen.

Williams. Will he be a negative influence on the team? Will Williams be able to fit in nicely with Shaq, Wade, and Walker and be able to contribute in a way that the Heat had with Hardaway?

Stan Van Gundy... He's only a 3rd year coach for crying out loud. HOW in the world is he going to be able to handle all these new personalities joining the team? Is he going to be able to handle it?

Those are the questions I have for everyone. You can some of your own as well. Enjoy

By the way, if I made any mistakes plotting out the trades, please notify me so I can edit. Thank you.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Biggest NBA trade in history

Miami definately got the better deal out of this trade. If walker stays healthy and J-Dub produces, they wont miss Eddie Jones at all, and could win it all next season. Huge trade for the Heat.

Now if only my Hawks could get something done.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    Now if only my Hawks could get something done.
    Let's not forget the Hawks made the deal to get Johnson from the Suns. Unfortunately, Johnson cares about the money more than the trophy. I also have to add that Atlanta's picks are impressive as well. I'm urking to see Salim Stoudamire play.

Newbie GuardianAngel1292 may be famous one day GuardianAngel1292 may be famous one day GuardianAngel1292's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: The Biggest NBA trade in history

Wow...I'm still amzed at the fact that he pulled all of that off....he really has a lot of connections..

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

im not all that happy about walker and j-dub, these two are know for causing trouble

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

On paper Pat Riley for surely jipped Boston and the others, but not nearly as badly. However I don't think it'll translate onto the court well. Walker and JWill are on the ball kinda guys, they have to have the ball in their hands in order to be productive. In both their cases, having the ball in their hands means seeing a lot of ridiculous shots being thrown up. Sure you may say well if they want a championship they'll buy into the system or Shaq might even intimidate them. Well that'll only be hindering their productivity and potential contributions they can make.

Neither of them plays great D, just look back at Sac and Memphis always pulling JWill out in the critical 4th quarter moments. Plus the Heat need a pg that can hit the 3 since Wade can't sink it from long range and JWill is something like 31% from the 3 pt arc.

Wade and Shaq are supposed to be the first options and I can't see either Walker or JWill suceeding under this condition. Walker struggled in Dallas when he played with a score-happy lineup. In order to be succesful I'd think Wade and Shaq would have to leave their egos at the door and be willing to give up a nice chunk of their shots to JWill, Walker, and Posey.

Lastly, since the Hawks were mentioned, I think them doing a sign and trade for JJ is pretty silly. They've already got 4 swingmen and JJ is nothing close to a natural pg, not even much of a point forward like Lebron or Pippen. They're just gonna hurt Marvin Williams' development imo and have some disgruntled young guys sitting on the bench. They'd better trade atleast 2 of their swingmen and get something good in return before their value drops.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skillzpay
    Walker and JWill are on the ball kinda guys, they have to have the ball in their hands in order to be productive. In both their cases, having the ball in their hands means seeing a lot of ridiculous shots being thrown up. Sure you may say well if they want a championship they'll buy into the system or Shaq might even intimidate them. Well that'll only be hindering their productivity and potential contributions they can make.
    Like you said, I believe Shaq, Wade, and the elite coaching staff will be able to cool them down. Not only that, but I believe they will make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillzpay
    JWill is something like 31% from the 3 pt arc.
    Walker can shoot from 3 point. So can Posey, that's why they got him in the first place.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145
    Let's not forget the Hawks made the deal to get Johnson from the Suns. Unfortunately, Johnson cares about the money more than the trophy. I also have to add that Atlanta's picks are impressive as well. I'm urking to see Salim Stoudamire play.
    Yeah again I say I hope the Hawks do something haha. Johnson has impressed me very little, he seems quite average for the money he's being offered. You are right though everything I've heard about Marvin and Salim are good, I'm thinking we cant be any worse than last year with or without Joe Johnson. But you know I was hoping the Hawks could reel in Dalimbert from Philly. That looks like a fat chance right now. I just hope they dont completely cave and sign Eddy Curry who I know would be a bust for us, its too big a risk for a guy already having heart conditions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast