Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Biological Parents these days..

Newbie Shien may be famous one day Shien may be famous one day
    Thanks

Biological Parents these days..

Well.. I just want opinions on this topic..

Biological parents these days are more likely to neglect their child/ren to my extent of knowledge. I know that maybe some of your parents are not like that, I know, I use to have that kind of childhood. I'm don't want to sound I'm on different sides, I'm trying to find answers if there are more parents like that. If you want any information why I'm asking this question, it's in my journal and why I am this way.

To me, I think, the biological parents are more into a phase. A phase that it'll take maybe a few years to get out of. I don't know what's so wrong these days.. maybe parents are more sexually active or maybe they don't want any responsibility over their child/ren. Maybe it's the worlds population, or they want to find their, "true love". I'm not so sure about what's wrong.. but I guess parents need more help.. and I think that they can act more childish than that of a child at age 6, maybe I'm wrong but please give me some opinions on what you think.. or maybe I'm just plain crazy as my parents tell me I am..

-Shien
    My Dark Kindered Spirit Guide Me Through This Errant World..

Newbie Socks Stolen - 45 pairs

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Maybe if you could be more clear on what your question is?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree with Arrianna.
    Seduced by Flesh

Newbie Shien may be famous one day Shien may be famous one day
    Thanks
    well.. I rephrase it.. What do you think of biological parents who disown their child/ren by neglecting them??
    Last edited by Shien; Dec 29, 2004 at 07:08 PM.
    My Dark Kindered Spirit Guide Me Through This Errant World..

Newbie Socks Stolen - 45 pairs

Thanks
    Irresponsible parents? Some that I know. They allow their children to build bombs in the room, allow their child/ren to run wild around school, to dress...vulgar, etc.

I myself as a parent understand many of the views on this. I have a 4 year old. For me to be irresponsible would be me letting my son eat whatever he wants, act like a hellion at daycare, etc.

I'm very responsible when it comes to my son. If he misbehaves..he get's his ass beat.
    Seduced by Flesh

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shien
    well.. I rephrase it.. What do you think of biological parents who disown their child/ren by neglecting them??
    I don't think neglect is restricted to biological parents.

Two answers.
    One, if it's not their customery behavior then you need to remember parents are people too and it's possible they are going through a rough time.

Two, if it is the usual in my experience is usually caused by a belief of ownership. Children are seen as objects and only count in how they reflect on the parent.

Basically both parents and children need to remember that their children/parents are people too and need to be treated with respect. I know it's a cliche but it's the golden rule. The only difference is that parents have the additional responsibility of teaching this respect to their children through their own actions/example. Just remember, no one is perfect, and it's not always about you.

Good luck.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    I don't think neglect is restricted to biological parents.

Two answers.
    One, if it's not their customery behavior then you need to remember parents are people too and it's possible they are going through a rough time.

Two, if it is the usual in my experience is usually caused by a belief of ownership. Children are seen as objects and only count in how they reflect on the parent.

Basically both parents and children need to remember that their children/parents are people too and need to be treated with respect. I know it's a cliche but it's the golden rule. The only difference is that parents have the additional responsibility of teaching this respect to their children through their own actions/example. Just remember, no one is perfect, and it's not always about you.

Good luck.
    That made absolute sense.

Kamui Edit

Arrianna, Do you by any chance read Tamora Pierce? Ifo so..send me a pm.

No double posting please ^_^
    Seduced by Flesh

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    hmm, i think that some parent's neglect their children. Because it makes them feel old and like their at the end of their spam or somin'... That or they just don't care. I my self would never have a child unless i was prepared to care for it. My parents were totally cool but, very strict.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast