Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Biological Parents these days..

Otaku -=Broken^Halo=- may be famous one day -=Broken^Halo=- may be famous one day -=Broken^Halo=-'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Well.. growing up, my mom was never there till she left my step-dad, (whom is now in prison for reasons I'd rather not discuss.)and it wasnt untill i was about 16. My biological father has never been there for me, he didnt even call me on christmas-the bastard.

But yeah, i think parents that neglect thier children need to be shown whats goin down,ie.*theres a such thing as Child Protective Services where i live* and i think a big part of it these days could be drug use, but maybe thats just in the states, not sure bout anywhere else >.<. and another part of it, for the guys anyway, is i know of a few certain men that have ran out on their kids cuz they could'nt face the fact that they have a kid. I dunno, Im just rambling >.<. ::Throws Packing Peanuts::
    Fr3aK~0f~N@Tu|23

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Well, I sort-of have this problem with my mother. I'm an only-child, and my father has never been around, so it was me and my mother and grandma after my dad had left. Ever since, my mom was great until about 5 years ago. We had moved and she married for the first time, and *to make a looonnng story short* sent me to live with my aunt for a year, came back and we moved again.... mother sent me back, moved, so on and so on. It was neglection, to a point, but about a year after that, she snapped out of it, wasn't with the guy, etc. etc. What I'm trying to get at is now she's back at it, she goes to work, gives me $20- $30 bucks a day (that may sound grand, but I'd rather have none) and says good-bye. Also, whenever we're together it's like she's angry at me for no reason, and we constatly fight. I dunno. I'm sorry about the life story there but I was putting my statement about neglection, first-hand out. I have been neglected by both biological parents and also seen it from some of my friend's parents as well.

I agree with Shien on this issue, about the parent(s) trying to find "true love" or just because they feel they need to live, etc. Sometimes I feel like my mother wasn't expecting me or something, and she wants to live her own life and wants me out of the house at 15. >_< Sorry if I'm complaining, haha, I usually never talk about this topic....
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, your assertion is certainly not unfounded, but I don't know if you can claim to it as being pragmatic. However, you may be on to something in so far as I do agree that on some level, responsibly has gone by the way side and has been replaced with a new all-weathered, liberal, independent do-anything disposition.

As you alluded to, this is indeed a problem. But, I think it speaks in greater volumes as to the inconstancy and hypocrisy of the American psyche general. That is, people value something at the expense of other. It is a horrid set of event say the least!

To sum up, parents and Americans in general seem to be in some state of purgatory, struggling to find a real identity, as opposed to one shaped by the media and other crazy-makers. Unfortunately, the institution of parenthood has suffered as a result.
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

Newbie Brilliant Brunette may be famous one day Brilliant Brunette may be famous one day Brilliant Brunette's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well when anything comes so easily, people tend to take things for granted. Parents are people too, and they have their own problems. Kids just have to deal with that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2