Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Blood in Video Games

Newbie Iris may be famous one day Iris may be famous one day Iris's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Blood in Video Games

i think the only bloody-game worth playing in Resident Evil: Code veronica...too bad i never got to complete it...the 2nd CD cracked in half...(just soo frustrating)
    "What was the start of all this?When did the cogs of fate begin to turn? Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now, From deep within the flow of time...

But, for a certainty, back then, We loved so many, yet hated so much, We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...Yet even then, we ran like the wind, Whilst our laughter echoed, Under cerulean skies..."

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Hooray for blood and guts. Remember the good old days of Mortal Kombat for the SNES? *sigh* The blood spurts reminded me of stewed tomatoes. I am in agreeance with Silent Hill... I was too freaked out by all the images and the surroundings to worry about blood.

Otaku ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose
    Hooray for blood and guts. Remember the good old days of Mortal Kombat for the SNES? *sigh* The blood spurts reminded me of stewed tomatoes. I am in agreeance with Silent Hill... I was too freaked out by all the images and the surroundings to worry about blood.
    the idea of DoomIII , S.H. or R.E.

without is no.

if its in context

whilst the whole mortal kombat blood thing was just silly.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRabbit
    whilst the whole mortal kombat blood thing was just silly.
    XD Oh but come on! That was like THE classic!
    It may have been silly, but back then, it was cool! XD

... ._. Sorry, old gamer. Old school over here.

^_^ I'm all for blood and gore. Not because it makes me feel good... but...

..... *a man falls down and lands on a knife.... no blood*

O.o Isn't that just plain weird? If that would keep going throughout the whole game, I'd get so desperate that I'd draw on the screen with a red marker!
    It just doesn't look right!

... ... anyone played that ambulance game in the arcades?
    ...does anyone remember the level where you have to get a police officer to the hospital because he was SHOT by a BAZOOKA in a PARKING LOT? (no blood by the way)

^.^ Some things are just so impractical, it's hilarious!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Well, blood for me is just the icing on the cake for a video game. Too much can leave a bad taste in your mouth. Too little makes it downrated to boost sales. Complete absence doesn't bother me, as long as the game is still good. What can I say? Some games were made popular because of blood. (cough cough, Mortal Kombat cough) others are equally terrific, or just plain better without it. (Zelda, Mario, Final Fantasy, need I go on?)

I think the mood and the type of action the game calls for dictates how much blood it has. Which is basically true.

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Blood in Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by JustLoseIt
    I don't really care as long as the Game ITSELF is good.....
    yeah, same here, sure the blood kinda adds to the game, but its the gameplay...is what's important...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore
    hey, that's why I'm all about the blood toggle switch. It's one of my favorite features in the MSG series. You can play it with 'guards wtih 50 galons of blood under extremem pressure' mode and I can play it in "anit-'what the heck are you playing' when arrianna comes in the room" mode.

The more the merrier!
    Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    Uh oh, don't let her find out.
    *Arrianna comes into room*

Hey! What the... what are you guys playing!?

lol

No, I don't like alot of blood in my games. I don't mind a little but my stomach isn't what it used to be and I have always found gore disgusting. I do like the off switch idea though since I have children and don't want them walking in on a game that would be otherwise fairly harmless.

Excessive blood, I have always found abhorant. I would like to know who thought it was a good idea to pretend that the human body containes 50 gallons of blood which is evidently under extreme pressure?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrianna Wrote: No, I don't like alot of blood in my games. I don't mind a little but my stomach isn't what it used to be and I have always found gore disgusting. I do like the off switch idea though since I have children and don't want them walking in on a game that would be otherwise fairly harmless.

Excessive blood, I have always found abhorant. I would like to know who thought it was a good idea to pretend that the human body containes 50 gallons of blood which is evidently under extreme pressure?
    I concur with your perspective, Arrianna-garu. Too much blood and gore stinks up the game---------not worth the money. A little is alright------but too much of it, is just too much. I love the games that have the turn off button for blood.
    Last edited by kedar; Nov 19, 2005 at 04:54 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast